IRserge's Contest prep

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

1. Being fixed.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. awesome.....cant wait

i sent u an email about it....just ignore it
    •   

3. Correction, fixed.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

4. purchase made

5. Email sent a while ago.
    •   

6. Wow... it's amazing how you pretty much consistently lost 1-2 lbs with barely any stalling! Going through a rough period right now on my plan =/

7. He stalled. He increased calories and had to take a break for about 4 weeks which means he increased calories a bit and didn't work out as much. You can't go that long dieting straight without you're body quitting on you and as Serge will tell you, you never plan a contest when you are over 20% bf.

8. Unless you want your body and mind to break down on you, lol. OOO, i also figured if i put on 2lbs a month for the next 3 years I'll weight 257

9. ur still competing right?

If so, then ur only 1 day out.....good luck.

10. NO, didn't you compete today in Patterson? How did that go? Finances permitting, I will go to the contest in Tribecca. Good luck and I hope all went well.

11. I ended up deciding to not compete when I was 2 weeks out. At that point I had been training 7 days a week and sometimes multiple times a day, Dieting, and commuting to NY 4 days a week for school and working. At that point my body could just not handle that amount of stress anymore and decided that this was just not my year. I'm going to take time off from competing until I graduate college so I can focus on getting my CRJ degree and putting on some solid muscle while I'm at it. I plan to be back on stage in 3-4 years. I should be EXTREMELY motivated by then to compete.

12. Its a good thing you didn't compete. Dieting for that long, losing thaat much weight and doing it all "natural" is one hell of a feat. The people you were competing against are nowhere NEAR natrural. Its more than I've ever done in terms of transformation. You NEED a long break. I think you know now that if you want to compete you should be somewhat lean to begin with. All in all I am still amzed at how much discipline Serge has and quite freankly it makes my job REAL easy when you tell aguy to do something and he ALWAYS does it. Thats why I always say competitors are the easiest people in the world to train. You can tell them to do backflips if they think it would help them win.

Great job Serge.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    You can tell them to do backflips if they think it would help them win.
    haha, that's so true. Yes, I have to work on figuring out how to stay lean during this long break since I tend to gain both fat and muscle easily. Thanks for the props Bobo, but you were the one that laid it all out. Following your diet actually wasn't bad, I really enjoyed the food

14. sound like u did one hell of a job.

great job to the both of u.

now post some pics!

15. Unfortunatley I don't have any. I'm not a fan of take progress pictures, I hate looking at them and I get really self concious.

16. Congrats my man! What you did was no small task.

17. Great work contest or no contest, your results keep me motivated to stay on my diet.

18. Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it.

19. Hell yeah, Serge. Excellent job. You should chill for a few weeks, and then start bulking with Bobo. He'd help you stay lean while you pack on the LBM, and you'd have a much easier time getting to contest shape next time.

Congrats, bro

20. Seems like you made a smart decision and a very mature one at that. Concentrate on what's important now (school, work, fam.) and you can always return to competing. I hate to bug you, but after following the whole thread, if you could post up any pics that you could take, it'd be great! Can only imagine what you look like being at near contest condition! Thanks any way even if you don't, it would have been nice to meet you at Tribecca. If your ever in JC, NJ or Bayonne, NJ....let me know, we can work out together for a day! Take care Serge!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Hell yeah, Serge. Excellent job. You should chill for a few weeks, and then start bulking with Bobo. He'd help you stay lean while you pack on the LBM, and you'd have a much easier time getting to contest shape next time.

Congrats, bro
    Well I did take a week of diet and training but I started back on the diet and easing my way back into heavy training last monday, I my weight rebounded and I'm up to 187 (not bad compared to the 40lbs I put on the week after last year haha). I do want to give Bobo's bulking plan a run but I have to take care of some other finiancial situations first. But for now I'm just following a high protein, moderate carb, low/moderate fat diet.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Contest Prep begins!!!
    By Nullifidian in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 392
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 01:26 PM
  2. Contest prep people in NJ or NY?
    By Atlas in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2005, 06:25 PM
  3. g/f contest prep
    By conan43 in forum Pics