10 Week Hypertrophy Based DUP eBook

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Hello AnabolicMinds.com!

Due to the expansion of my online coaching services and my long time love of writing, I wanted to see if there was any interest in a Daily Undulating Hypertrophy based eBook.

It seems currently that people looking to optimize periodized program training shy away from DUP because its mainly seen in research to support strength progress. The issue is, how many studies are there that actually look at the hypertrophy benefits? How many take into account muscular hypertrophy benefits from mechanical stress, metabolic stress, and cell swelling stressors? None.

I have personally used many variations of a DUP based program since my last bodybuilding show and have changed my physique and strength levels dramatically. Keep in mind the below is over three to four YEARS of hard training. Obviously true muscular hypertrophy takes time.

Last Bodybuilding Show Stats
145 lbs
225 squat (barely even to parallel)
95 bench
225 deadlift

Current Stats
210-220 lbs
600 squat
410 bench
610 deadlift (tripled)

Compared

Since this form of periodization worked so well for me, I wanted to test it out on a few of my clients. As I saw them progress in terms of muscular hypertrophy AND strength, I knew that clearly it wasn't just a fluke. So over the past 6+ months I put together a 10 Week DUP Hypertrophy Program focusing on have planned periods of growth and maintenance via a cyclical bulking approach (meaning planned shorter periods of fat tissue loss followed up with planned shorter periods of anabolism.)

It wasn't until now that I considered writing a full eBook breaking down this program for MORE than just my clients to help spread the beneficial information in using daily undulations to maximize muscular hypertrophy as well as strength. So I guess my question to you guys is

Is this something people would be interested in?

I have already asked some of my clients as well as people that I respect within the industry and so far I've gotten nothing but good words to write this eBook but I wanted as many opinions as I could possibly get!

I'll end with some research on Daily Undulating Periodization simply for the pleasure of your viewing!
Since I'm in my Master's program all I do is pour over research and find it beyond enjoyable! So if there's anyone else out there like me, here you go!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MODIFIED DAILY UNDULATING PERIODIZATION MODEL PRODUCES GREATER PERFORMANCE THAN A TRADITIONAL CONFIGURATION IN POWERLIFTERS
Authors Zourdos MC; 1Department of Exercise Science and Health Promotion Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL. 2Department of Nutrition, Food, and Exercise Sciences, The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL. 3College of Arts and Sciences The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL.
Jo E
Khamoui AV
Lee SR
Park BS
Ormsbee MJ
Panton LB
Contreras RJ
Kim JS

Source:
Journal Of Strength And Conditioning Research / National Strength & Conditioning Association [J Strength Cond Res] 2015 Aug 27. Date of Electronic Publication: 2015 Aug 27.

Abstract
The primary aim of this study was to compare two daily undulating periodization (DUP) models on one-repetition maximum (1RM) strength in the squat, bench press, deadlift, total volume (TV) lifted, and temporal hormone response. Eighteen male, college-aged (21.1 ± 1.9yrs.) powerlifters participated in this study and were assigned to one of two groups: 1) traditional DUP training with a weekly training order: hypertrophy-, strength-, and power-specific training (HSP, n=9) or 2) modified DUP training with a weekly training order: hypertrophy-, power-, and strength-specific training (HPS, n=9). Both groups trained 3 non-consecutive days/wk. for 6 weeks, and performed the squat, bench press, and deadlift exercises. During hypertrophy and power sessions, subjects performed a fixed number of sets and repetitions, but performed repetitions until failure at a given percentage during strength sessions to compare TV. Testosterone and cortisol were measured at pre- and post-testing and before each strength-specific day. HPS produced greater TV in squat and bench press (p<0.05) than HSP, but not for deadlift (p>0.05). For squat and deadlift, there was no difference between groups for 1RM (p>0.05), however, HPS exhibited greater increases in 1RM bench press than HSP (p<0.05). Effect sizes (ES) showed meaningful differences (ES>0.50) in favor of HPS for squat, and bench press 1RM. Testosterone decreased (p<0.05) at weeks 5 and 6 and cortisol decline at weeks 3 and 4. However, neither hormone was different at post- compared to pre-testing (p>0.05). Our findings suggest that an HPS configuration of DUP has enhanced performance benefits compared to HSP.

Effects of short-term nonperiodized, linear periodized and daily undulating periodized resistance training on plasma adiponectin, leptin and insulin resistance
Authors:
Ahmadizad, Sajada
Ghorbani, Shahaba
Ghasemikaram, Mansoura, ⁎
Bahmanzadeh, Mehdib
Affiliation:
a Department of Exercise Physiology, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Shahid Beheshti, Tehran, Iran
b Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Arak, Arak, Iran
Source:
In Clinical Biochemistry April 2014 47(6):417-422
Publisher:
Elsevier Inc.
Abstract:
Objectives Resistance training (RT) had a positive effect on musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and type 2 diabetes disease. Knowing about the influence of different types of RT on the adipokines involved in the insulin regulation could be useful for the treatment of insulin resistance or diabetes. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to compare the effects of nonperiodized vs. periodized RT on plasma adiponectin, leptin and insulin resistance index in overweight men.
Design and methods Thirty two sedentary overweight men (mean±SD; age, 23.4±0.6years) were allocated to one of the following (n=8) groups: control group (CON), nonperiodized (NP), linear periodized (LP) and daily undulating periodized (DUP) training groups. Subjects in training groups performed RT protocols 3daysperweek for 8weeks. Blood samples were taken before and 72h after the training period and were analyzed for plasma adiponectin, leptin, glucose, and insulin.
Results Insulin resistance decreased in all training groups but significant differences were only found between DUP and CON groups (P<0.05). However, after 8weeks of RT no significant changes were observed in plasma adiponectin and leptin concentrations. Body fat percent and waist to hip ratio (WHR) decreased significantly (P<0.05) following training, whereas, no significant changes were detected in body mass and BMI (P>0.05). The maximum strength (1RM) for bench press and leg press increased after RT in all training groups (P<0.05).
Conclusions Short-term periodized RT protocols can be an efficient training strategy for improving insulin resistance and muscular strength in overweight men, while, they have no significant influence on adiponectin and leptin.
•Insulin resistance was examined after different types of resistance training.•Insulin resistance decreased in daily undulating periodized group.•The changes of insulin resistance were not related to adiponectin and leptin.•The maximal strength increased in all training groups.

COMPARSION BETWEEN LINEAR AND DAILY UNDULATING PERIODIZED RESISTANCE TRAINING TO INCREASE STRENGTH.
Authors:
PRESTES, [email protected]
FROLLINI, ANELENA B.2
DE LIMA, CRISTIANE2
DONATTO, FELIPE F.2
FOSCHINI, DENIS3
DE CÁSSIA MARQUETI, RITA1
FIGUEIRA, JR., AYLTON3
FLECK, STEVEN J.4

Source:
Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins) Dec2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p2437 6p.

Language:
English

Subject Terms:
*PHYSICAL fitness -- Research
*STRENGTH training
*PHYSICAL training & conditioning
*ISOMETRIC exercise
*ATHLETES -- Training of
PHYSIOLOGICAL aspects

Keyword(s):
maximal strength levels; periodization; strength training

Abstract:
The article reports on research conducted to compare the effects that linear and daily undulating periodized resistance training on body composition and maximal strength levels. Researchers evaluated 40 men. They found that undulating periodized strength training induced higher increases in maximal strength than the linear model in strength-trained men.

A comparison of linear and daily undulating periodized programs with equated volume and intensity for strength.
Rhea MR1, Ball SD, Phillips WT, Burkett LN.

Author information
1Exercise and Wellness Research Laboratory, Department of Exercise Science and Physical Education, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287, USA.

Abstract
The purpose of this study was to compare linear periodization (LP) and daily undulating periodization (DUP) for strength gains. Twenty men (age = 21 +/- 2.3 years) were randomly assigned to LP (n = 10) or DUP (n = 10) groups. One repetition maximum (1RM) was recorded for bench press and leg press as a pre-, mid-, and posttest. Training involved 3 sets (bench press and leg press), 3 days per week. The LP group performed sets of 8 RM during weeks 1-4, 6 RM during weeks 4-8, and 4 RM during weeks 9-12. The DUP group altered training on a daily basis (Monday, 8 RM; Wednesday, 6 RM; Friday, 4 RM). Analysis of variance with repeated measures revealed statistically significant differences favoring the DUP group between T1 to T2 and T1 to T3. Making program alterations on a daily basis was more effective in eliciting strength gains than doing so every 4 weeks.

References

Ahmadizad, S., Ghorbani, S., Ghasemikaram, M., & Bahmanzadeh, M. (2014). Effects of short-term nonperiodized, linear periodized and daily undulating periodized resistance training on plasma adiponectin, leptin and insulin resistance. Clinical Biochemistry, 47417-422. doi:10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2013.12.019

Matthew R. Rhea, Stephen D. Ball, Wayne T. Phillips, Lee N. Burkett. (2002.) A comparison of linear and daily undulating periodized programs with equated volume and intensity for strength. J Strength Cond Res. 2002 May; 16(2): 250–255.

PRESTES, J., FROLLINI, A. B., DE LIMA, C., DONATTO, F. F., FOSCHINI, D., DE CÁSSIA MARQUETI, R., & ... FLECK, S. J. (2009). COMPAIUSION BETWEEN LINEAR AND DAILY UNDULATING PERIODIZED RESISTANCE TRAINING TO INCREASE STRENGTH. Journal Of Strength & Conditioning Research (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins), 23(9), 2437-2442.

Zourdos, M. C., Jo, E., Khamoui, A. V., Lee, S., Park, B., Ormsbee, M. J., & ... Kim, J. (2015). MODIFIED DAILY UNDULATING PERIODIZATION MODEL PRODUCES GREATER PERFORMANCE THAN A TRADITIONAL CONFIGURATION IN POWERLIFTERS. Journal Of Strength And Conditioning Research / National Strength & Conditioning Association,

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
tldr

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you read Fleck and Kramer book?

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I'll give you my reply: I'd be interested.