Help with a routine to get back in the game!

amsc09

amsc09

Awards
Let me start with a little back story before I start asking questions.

It's been awhile since I've really paid attention to my health, diet, physique... You know, the important sh*t.

I was 20 the last time I really had a routine. 6' 195 abs of steel and all that.

I got busy chasing money & cars bc I was chasing women & what woman doesn't like a ripped guy with stacks of cash and a brass ride... So yeah. I learned that it is damn near impossible to focus on multiple things and be excellent in each of those things. But that by choosing one you can be excellent in that one, but the rest you be mediocre in.

Before I started lifting I was an incredible paintball player. I could have played with the pros. Got into my routine and my paintball game started slipping. Got into working slot and gettin money and my routine started slipping. Got into a girl a lil to hard and I wasn't stackin paper as much.

Well now I'm 25 (F*ck it feels so much older than I thought it would!!) & I've got real world problems that need to be seen about, my mind is on a million other things besides getting a workout in, getting a good pump, keeping that form strict and trying to get one more rep! I've got bills, I'm unemployed at the moment, my mother is extremely sick & its one of the most stressful things I've ever been through, bc we don't know if she's going to be OK ya know. Car needs brakes, truck needs tires, tags need renewed, tons of other stuff for/in/around the house that cost $$$.

I guess aside from the few questions I have, I really just came on here to air out some thoughts and vent a little.

Im now I'm 5'11" (already shrinking ?) 182 lbs and 0% abs. I guess it's that skinny fat look. Well some people would say I'm your average healthy weight person. But I know I'm skinny fat. Lol.

Ok so questions. And I appreciate any help that's offered, you guys are great, long time lurker and that info that some of you put out is top notch so thank you in advance!

1. Is the big on a budget diet effective? Is it really enough food? It's on YouTube for anyone that hasn't seen it. There's one for $100 and one for $150 I think.

2. I'm waiting to hear from a job I'm pretty optimistic about getting. My schedule would probably be 4:30pm to 12:30am. Which is better for lifting early in the day before or late after work?

3. Routine. I lost my old routines I did years ago that worked great for me. So I've been looking at all kinds of stuff. My ideal body would be along the lines of Jeff seid, so I've looked at his routine on BB and didn't know if those are actual routines, if they're effective for people getting back into it or not. Bc it seems like alot to start with.

I just need a definitive answer, on what type of routine works best early on and how long it should be done.

I will stick with whatever routine that is until the date circled on the calender has past.

Aside from tons of water. Should I be looking to get in a multi, creatine, whey etc this early on?

I know it's long, but thanks again.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Dude it sounds like you're getting it rough lately,if I was in your shoes I'd go with a meal plan that suits you,lots of brown rice,fresh fruit and veg,fish,lean meats,Turkey breastfeeding chicken breasts,nuts,multi vit,fish oil, whey protein. Eat big and lift big and get plenty if rest,personally speaking I'd give creatine a miss as it bloats me but there's so many threads on here about Ep1c unleashed by olympus labs and I'm gonna hit it when I'm done with my current osta shred cycle and I can't wait. The extra endurance that you will get from it should let you get eased back into the swing of things and keep you interested in your training and lifestyle goals. Hope this helps bud and good luck for the future.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Turkey breast and not turkey breastfeeding lol,predictive txt is a nitemare

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No idea on the food amount. But track intake and macros and you will figure it out fast enough.

You could lift early or late, insignificant difference; whichever is more convenient.

Look into DoggCrapp routine, follow it and you are miles ahead of most gym rats ;)

Creatine is a sure thing, its cheap so why not IMO.

Whey only if your diet is lacking protein.

If you get funds for alternate options there are great value all inclusive ones like Ergonine.

1. Diet
2. Training
3. Sleep

All you need to worry about

amsc09

amsc09

Awards
Just a side note guys. Test was at 640 last I had it checked. That was over a year ago. I'm sure it hasn't gone UP since then. Cousins same age as me he's in the mid 900's.

M

MBZ

Awards
Test is fine at 640 I wouldn't stress that at all. I built muscle just fine with test in the 300s before I started trt