the frat boy routine

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
i go to a big state university. lets just say my gym is comprised of 3 or 4 serious lifters and then about 1000 jackass frat boys that do a chest/bicep everyday type routine. the thing is, some of these guys do have impressive arms. and we all know how they train, 40 sets for biceps, 60 sets for chest, everyday.

so my question is, how do these guys not overtrain their arms? probably gear, but still. makes me wonder if the whole high-volume will lead to overtraining is overblown.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
i go to a big state university. lets just say my gym is comprised of 3 or 4 serious lifters and then about 1000 jackass frat boys that do a chest/bicep everyday type routine. the thing is, some of these guys do have impressive arms. and we all know how they train, 40 sets for biceps, 60 sets for chest, everyday.

so my question is, how do these guys not overtrain their arms? probably gear, but still. makes me wonder if the whole high-volume will lead to overtraining is overblown.
If all you are training is arms and chest then you could do a high volume. Both muscles are not that large so they do not tax the body to much when worked. Wheres if you squat and dead then you are taxing your systems much much more.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, they are overtrained and when they quit the juice they will have nothing to show for it.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha frats boys love the tricep rope.
because usually you can move the entire stack by doing the exercise incorrectly.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
never made it through pledging, got in too many fights.
as for the tricep rope, I dominate the tricep rope.
Tau Kappa Epsilon Forever. not

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
never made it through pledging, got in too many fights.
as for the tricep rope, I dominate the tricep rope.
Tau Kappa Epsilon Forever. not
lmao, tricep rope i forgot about that! its a key part of the holy trinity along with

ass way off the bench, bounce the bar pressing and ridicolous full body bicep curls in the squat rack

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I lasted working out a week at my schools rec center, before I went and got a membership at a real gym in town. Now I go back there about once a month to train, just to show those idiots how much the girls like big legs too!! :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
you MUST stack the rack with the tricep rope to Join
THE BROTHERHOOD OF SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Delta Tau Delta is all about the "half bench press w/ ass off bench and spotter getting a simultaneous trap workout from doing upright rows" lazy bastards only go half way down while the spotter practically upright rows the weight since the bencher cant handle it. He may get two reps on his own, but the spotter helps him through 8 more lol

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Beta Theta Pi's are all about getting stoned and hitting the 12-16ounce curls as far away from the gym as possible.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
love the kids who train in their clubbing clothes on the machines

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
How about the Abercrombie and Fitch "muscle tees" and workout pants and gloves to keep their hands all pretty lol.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
How about the Abercrombie and Fitch "muscle tees" and workout pants and gloves to keep their hands all pretty lol.
haha you beat me to it. there is this one shirt, it says: Wanna Lift?
long abercrombie pants to cover up chicken **** legs.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Hey, hey now. I wear A&F. Just not in the gym.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i wear some of their stuff too (not gym stuff), but you know the types we mean...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
1st team Abercrombie lifeguarding Varsity
and a random number on the back: 63

Jblake

Awards
At my school I see them hitting up cable crossovers, cable curls, cable kickbacks, cable this and that. I think these exercises can be incorporated into a routine but I never see some of these guys on anything but the cable center!

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jblake- your avatar cracks me up for some reason. LOL!

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
whats really funny is when you witness one break 2 ribs from trying to bounce the barbell off of his rib cage cause he is TOTALLY incapable of maxing with 315...at least I laughed...

regards,
COTC

the anapolack

Awards
while his spotter gets a good trap workout slaps him on the back and says "good set"

50joe

Awards
  • Established
LOL. This is a funny thread.

A lot of my friends at the school gym, some serious some not, now think I'M not serious b/c they see me doing the full body HST workouts now... i try to explain to them what it is! grrrr :frustrate haha... they all think I'm a Newb

Most common thing at my school is the guys who throw all the weights and scream as they lift, even though it is a tiny amount of weight, and their screaming could be better put towards breathing correctly on the lift. Oh, and squatting down about two inches instead of all the way
:think:

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I was at my old school, and now that I transferred I have nothing to do with them. lol
My dad was a beta all through college, but I decided not to go through with the whole greek thing. I have several friends that are in fraternities that are pretty cool, but most I dont really care for.

size

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, why do you guys care about what others are doing? It seems to me to be a waste of energy to even be concerned about how and why others train a particular way. If you know what works, stick with it and have fun.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
comic relief :)
im certainly not the person to tell them what they should be doing, what they should be wearing, how they should eat.
I don't like people telling me how to train, how to eat, etc. So I would never tell that to anyone else.

I have respect for 95% of all people in the gym, the 5% are the kids that talk for 15minutes between, don't take the plates off the equipment, are sitting on machines talking on their cell phones about how drunk they got last night...
kids that are in the gym because it's socially cool - i'm in a college town and you can't help but notice.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
same here, I go to a college where guys do not know anything about training. Matter of fact my friend acted like he hasn't even seen a person warm up with 185 on incline bench. I also really hate the guys who make sure they are matching and looking cool when they go to the gym like it is a fashion show. And lastly, the guys that stare at you when you work out. LOL. J/K!

TGx

Awards
Not all frats are like this.

I think you would be intimidated by some of the guys in my frat.

:thumbsup:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
And while we're chatting, I think Virtual Bodybuilding is dead. It's still not up. I think the guy who created it said **** it and moved on.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ahh right. I keep forgetting to remove it.

I shall do so now though :)

Thanks for the reminder.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
in college, these kids your talking about at my school took d-bol like it was there job. This one frat at my school was known as the "roid frat". d-bol baby 365 days a year, what a bunch of fucken retards.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
I keep pretty much to myself with the exception of the other bros that actually work hard.

I do however get a kick out of the local frat types who ask me for advice yet never follow it.

Q: "How do I hit upper chest?"

A: "Try incline barbell press, then weighted dips, then finish out with incline flys and cable flys, works for me"

Q: "Yeah, but I like machines"

A: "Ok, just do that then" *sigh* Don't ask for advice if you're not willing to try it.

Then the frat guys go on to do their eighteen different exercises for chest and wonder why they never get any bigger or stronger.

Whatever.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
there is one frat at my school were a bunch of the brothers do a ridicolous amount of drugs and only train upper body (not including back usually). its a damn waste of good gear.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
it would be funny if while boucing the bar off there chest, there liver exploded from all the d-bol. They never fucken cycle off it, I dont understand, they drink too. So fucken dumb

nodgodbod

Awards
when you ask these A&F individuals why the don't squat or deadlift their excuse is that they don't want to get "too big"
so I suppose they have their training goals in perspective :rofl:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
when you ask these A&F individuals why the don't squat or deadlift their excuse is that they don't want to get "too big"
so I suppose they have their training goals in perspective :rofl:
That's better than... "I don't want to hurt me back or knees", then proceed to bounce the barbell off their chest. lol

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i must agree with those of you who think A&F is for homos. I wouldnt be caught dead wearing that ****

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So I'm a homo now. That's news to me.
You're always the last to know eh? Sorry we had to break it to ya but we felt you had the right to know.

Chin up bro. Life it still worth living!

lol

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Maybe so, but a homo getting compliments from the ladies all night.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I wear American Eagle too. Does that make me more gay?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
ok so natedogg is the ONLY person who wears A&F an is NOT a homo.:thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Renew1 General Chat 11
B5150 General Chat 83
B5150 General Chat 2
General Chat 22