Supinated barbell shrugs

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone here see any issues / benefits from doing these? I was just thinking the other day that I might get more contraction /activation in my mid-traps this way... But it might cause more stress on the biceps too.

Also, how in the heck do people protect their junk while doing barbell shrugs? lol... weird question, but damn it ain't fun sometimes!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
(1) I alternate grips every other set, not sure if it helps but, it does mix things up

(2) Tuck it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do dumbbells. They actually allow you to get the proper ROM for traps (up and back) and they're more shoulder friendly (I know that's important to you).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just do dumbbells. They actually allow you to get the proper ROM for traps (up and back) and they're more shoulder friendly (I know that's important to you).
Thanks. Yeah I don't have DBs at my gym, but I can use kettlebells for now. We only have up to ~80# KBs, but that should be fine for a while.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, DBs? That has to be a pain.
It's a crossfit box, I've made some changes to accommodate. Mostly using KBs in place of DBs. Been pretty nice training there independently from the classes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a crossfit box, I've made some changes to accommodate. Mostly using KBs in place of DBs. Been pretty nice training there independently from the classes.
I figured it would be one of those since they don't really use them.