Knee sleeves instead of wraps?

halljo

halljo

Awards
Not sure if this is the best place for this question but it seemed like the only place for it to be asked.

What's your thoughts on using knee sleeves instead of traditional wraps during heavy squats/leg press? I have been using wraps for years but saw some Inzer knee wraps the other day that grabbed my attention (I believe they were Knee sleeve XT or something similar). Wraps have always seemed to treat me good, but the constant wrapping and unwrapping is getting a little old. If anyone has used the Inzer knee sleeves, let me know what you think of them. They have three adjustment straps on them which is really what caught my eye.

Thanks in advance

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sleeves are nice just for the warming they give. Not gonna get any pounds or support out of them like you would a good wrap. However, they are good for just keeping the skin around the joint warm, which gives the perception of the joint being warm. Seem to help me loosen my knees up quicker than not having them on too.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
halljo any pics of these ?

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
I've never used knee wraps before but I personally use the sling shot knee sleeves, I don't squat without them. My knee have been beat to hell and like it was stated before little compression and my joints are warmed up ready to go

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I have bad knees and get pain when performing leg exercises. I use knee sleeves now and feel so much better. They keep the knee warm and make you feel more confident under the barbell. Wraps will give you more support and allow you to lift heavier but unless you working out for strength right now than the sleeves are the better choice.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have bad knees and get pain when performing leg exercises. I use knee sleeves now and feel so much better. They keep the knee warm and make you feel more confident under the barbell. Wraps will give you more support and allow you to lift heavier but unless you working out for strength right now than the sleeves are the better choice.
This is me to a T, I was thinking of trying some sleeves !!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm...looks like theyre trying to make them kind of a tweener between wraps and plain sleeves. Interesting.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Inzer sleeves are okay, I have one for my elbow. If you're looking for support in a sleeve, go with SBD or super heavy sleeves from eliteFTS

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A sleeve won't provide the same level of support that a wrap will. It'll keep the joint warm with some support, but not to the level of a wrap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 31
Rocket3015 Training Forum 17
AntM1564 General Chat 3
AntM1564 Training Forum 8
Training Forum 10