Bro Split is fun but I need some change

CJNator

Awards
Hey guys, I've basically been doing my own type of bro spit and I'd like to change it up soon. I've tried GVT, that is really all. Any other recommendations? I'll do my research on the on the workout.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
HST (hypertrophy specific training) or look up MEGA training by Greg o'gallager.

I'm doing MEGA training and loving it. Only 3 days /week

CJNator

Awards
HST (hypertrophy specific training) or look up MEGA training by Greg o'gallager.

I'm doing MEGA training and loving it. Only 3 days /week
Thanks! Lol I forgot I even put this up, let hope for more programs!

CJNator

Awards
Just going to do a little bump here :)

CJNator

Awards
Bump for more programs! PHAT is looking interesting but I love conventional deadlifts and will need to see where to put them in if I did PHAT.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bump for more programs! PHAT is looking interesting but I love conventional deadlifts and will need to see where to put them in if I did PHAT.
I felt exactly the same and just added deads on lower power day. I would alternate squats and deads as my first exercise every other week. If you want, I can send you the program as I've been running it, or I also have a 6day version that has 3power and 3 hyper days so that it's a ppl split

CJNator

Awards
I felt exactly the same and just added deads on lower power day. I would alternate squats and deads as my first exercise every other week. If you want, I can send you the program as I've been running it, or I also have a 6day version that has 3power and 3 hyper days so that it's a ppl split
Yea man that would be great thanks, the 6 day version sounds nice!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks awesome man, thanks! I'll check it out too. I may use this routine once I start bulking, my cut will be ending in around 3 weeks. I'll be doing a LGD/Trest log to jump start my bulk.
If you want it hit me with an email and I'll send the excel template.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I got the template, do you think its too high volume during a cut or no?
I ran the 5day version during my cut so slightly less volume but you could prob get away with it so long as you time your foods correctly and maybe keep cals slightly higher than a less volume routine. You can always try it and if it starts wearing you down, either increase cals or turn the 3 power days into just an upper/lower and have an additional rest day.

Or simply reduce each or a few exercises by one set each day.

CJNator

Awards
I ran the 5day version during my cut so slightly less volume but you could prob get away with it so long as you time your foods correctly and maybe keep cals slightly higher than a less volume routine. You can always try it and if it starts wearing you down, either increase cals or turn the 3 power days into just an upper/lower and have an additional rest day.

Or simply reduce each or a few exercises by one set each day.
I'll try it out then, I'm on albuterol right now which is slightly anabolic so I guess that would help me out. I'll start it out next week! I have a log up right now if you want to follow, the title isnt correct though(I was so pose to get clen but there was a mix up and the company tried telling me they were both the same thing).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I run PHAT with deads added in for a 5th day every 2 weeks.

CJNator

Awards
I run PHAT with deads added in for a 5th day every 2 weeks.
Thanks man, boonman sent me a layout with implements them within the program. Got to love then deadlifts!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man, boonman sent me a layout with implements them within the program. Got to love then deadlifts!
Yeah man, I never drop them, but I find they don't need to be done as often and then they don't become detrimental to my other lifts and keep up overall strength.

I actually went a month between them for 3 months, so only 3 dedicated days and still had 455 pulls for reps, which is only 60 off normal, yet squats, presses, etc aren't being affected.

PILL

Awards
I always just ignored the hypertrophy leg day and did two power days. One for squats and one for deads. I thought it worked great.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I always just ignored the hypertrophy leg day and did two power days. One for squats and one for deads. I thought it worked great.
Oh man, you're missing out! There's nothing like a massive leg pump from high rep hack squats or leg presses followed by some isolation work. You'll waddle for days

CJNator

Awards
Oh man, you're missing out! There's nothing like a massive leg pump from high rep hack squats or leg presses followed by some isolation work. You'll waddle for days
Lol yea man, the only reason I do legs is to walk like a penguin with pumped up after!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, high rep legs feel so painfully good.

PILL

Awards
Yeah, but I've been affectionately dubbed "Quadzilla" a few too many times, and finding pants that fit is a chore already.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, but I've been affectionately dubbed "Quadzilla" a few too many times, and finding pants that fit is a chore already.
Well, then by all means, no reason to overwork an already strong part. If hypertrophy is a goal for other body parts, why not change up the split to include another upper day instead of legs?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Good suggestion.

I just started running a modified PHAT program myself coming off of a purely hypertrophy focused routine. I saw no deadlifts and was like "oh h*ll no" haha. I am now alternating deads/squats like you and so far loving it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good suggestion.

I just started running a modified PHAT program myself coming off of a purely hypertrophy focused routine. I saw no deadlifts and was like "oh h*ll no" haha. I am now alternating deads/squats like you and so far loving it.
That boggled my mind when I was first reading up on PHAT... Especially considering that Layne is big on powerlifting.