WS4SB???? West side 4 skinny bastards

zpalrangi13

zpalrangi13

Awards
Has anyone done this program? Could you please tell me your experience, if it worked or not? Before and after pics? I've been looking for a program to stick too, football season is in now and I want my performance to improve, I've been doing bodybuilding the last 7 months and I think it's better for me to focus more on strength???

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's a good program for a young athlete. There us no doubt about that. My little brother went from a 425 to 529 deadlift in a little over a year on it. His body composition and vertical improved on it as well. In season, you'll have to be sure not to do too much weight room training since you're adding in practices and games.

I think it's a good decision to work toward strength and athleticism while you're in sports. I trained bodybuilding style in high school and had some nice lifts, but often found more athletic guys and people with explosiveness and brute strength in unconventional positions really trounced me.

TL; DR: Yes, do WS4SB. But getting better at football is priority number one during football season.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm doing WS4SB III right now, and I'm also not a skinny bastard and am also kinda older now lol (37).

It's a good powerbuilding program that leaves room for conditioning and athleticism as well.

I'm 6'2 / 240 pounds / 18% BF... The reason I started this program was to get strength back as well as to increase athleticism (I had injuries/surgery - used to train 5/3/1 for years, got size back after surgeries due to volume training, but not strength yet). I also like the volume in it for growth, and the fact that it's not a linear program means you go balls to the wall every week. This allows for larger gains in strength/size in a shorter period of time. It's not a program that you'd follow longterm though I don't think.

If you want, check out my log below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mitch5 Training Forum 14
niZmo Training Forum 29
niZmo Training Forum 13
Swanson52 Training Forum 1
N.Woods Giant Training Forum 0