Help building legs without weight

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey,

I have a bad back (slipped disc) and obviously cannot lift weight.

How can I build my leg size without weight?

any specifically good body weight exercises?

Big_sxc

Awards
Can you sit down?? If u can sit down I would recommend getting some sort of inverted squad machine with adjustable back and seats. Set it to a point we're you are quite comfortable to full extend your legs whilst sitting. Obviously for ur back it wouldn't be 90 degrees straight lol. But maybe 100 or 130 or something. And then when you do your squats DO NOT compress to the bottom. Compressing to the bottom will curl your spine starting from the bum. Compress to we're you are comfortable mostly probably gonna be 60% of a full compression. Unless of course your doctor has said absolute no no to any squats. Or try a weited body suit. But it won't have the effect of a squat at all. Ankle weights??

Big_sxc

Awards
Wtf was I thinking "inverted squat machine" I ment leg press

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha ye I knew what you meant, cant believe I didn't think of that haha..

I have trouble fully extending my right leg without pain. So full motion of most movements is not happeneing, as of course I cannot go fully down either

Big_sxc

Awards
There are leg presses that have the break block in the middle rather than to far down or low. Go to a gym and have a quick looksy

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you could even hold 20lb dumbells or an empty bar..if not, then all the lunges can be done bodyweight (or maybe against a band) and glute ham raise with bodyweight

Lunge Variants:
Walking Lunges, Stationary Lunges, Rear Lunges. With barbell on back, barbell held like front squat, Dumbbells, Hold it like a goblet.

Split squats, Bulgarian split squats, deficit Bulgarian split squats (barbell, Dumbell, Kettlebell)

Goblet Squats w/Dumbell

Double Kettlebell Front Squat

One legged stiff legged/romanian Dumbell deadlift

stiff legged Dumbell deadlift

deficit stiff legged/romanian Dumbell deadlift

glute ham raises

anabolicanth

anabolicanth

Awards
what if your back is supported? so there's leg extensions and lying leg curl, or some gyms like mine have a seated hamstring curl which would be better for you. you could smash those two exercises. if you are able to bend your knees then a seated leg press would be good. also wall sits at home could be okay in that scenario but unsure of the muscle building benefit of them ahah.