Advice: Keep Bulking or Cut

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey Forum, just wanted to run a question by real quick whether or not it would be a good idea to keep on bulking or time to cut. Little about myself: I'm 6'1 236 at around 16% bodyfat, I sort of gone from strictly bodybuilding lifting to more of a power-bodybuilding routine. I have been very excited and happy about my strength improvement mainly because I've never tested the water with the muscle I've come to have and I'm worried that if I cut now that it'll be a struggle to keep the strength.

Also physic wise I'm very satisfied mainly because the way I can fill out clothes now and I look more full (that may be the PA or ArA) so I'm also a little hesitant to cut for that reason.

Lastly, winter will be upon us soon and that's bulking season so I'm at a crossroad to keep building muscle and strength or to slim up then bulk to minimize bodyfat.

So what do y'all think?
If photos are needed just ask.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recomp sounds like what you're interested in.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slow process but will definitely help keep strength while slowly leaning out

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seen that word used here and there before but never looked into, what's it about?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Seen that word used here and there before but never looked into, what's it about?
recomping is eating at maintanence calories to try and gain muscle and reduce fat at the same time. It's a slow process

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks quads, been a busy morning! Tons of great articles on the almighty Google on it too. I swear I am on a permanent recomp

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the help you guys! Really appreciate it :)

wfgallagher3

wfgallagher3

Awards
How about some short duration cuts interspersed with recomp periods? At 16% BF you still can reduce. Slim up the love handles, get your six pack visible, and go for that tapered look. :)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
If you're "Very Satisfied" from a physique standpoint, then continue on a CLEAN bulk.

If however, you are asking this because you want to trim up a little bit whist maintaining strength, then a recomp is exactly what the doc ordered. You can always recomp to a point where you are happy with your bf, then go back on a lean bulk (if warranted).

But honestly, on a cut you will lose some strength. There are ways to mediate this, but I don't know if you are at a point knowledge and training wise where you want to delve into things like SARMS (Ostar1ne to be specific....for maintaining on a cut).

You could also employ natty anabolics whist cutting like:

(-)epi - I like EP1C (epiplex and folli are two other options)
Laxogenin - DermaStr3ngth is my fav

I see you are already on PA...thumbs up there man. I really like PA a lot.

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Y'all have been very helpful!
Yea I've been really enjoying PA lately; still waiting to see anything from the ARA I'm taking.

I'm thinking I may just use this period on strength focusing and then more hypertrophy for winter; then I'll slim up for that Summer Time physique ha!

Not too confident in experimenting yet with recomp but I'll be sure to try it in the future!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a good plan. Recomps have their place and I have done it several times, but it can get frustrating since you have to be patient and pretty strict with everything.