Training program suggestion

alp.mozart

alp.mozart

Awards
Im debating what program to stick with for the next semester of college. I am 206 pounds at 9.3% bf. My lifts are 295 for bench, 395x6 for squat and 410 for deadlift. I worked through the PowerliftingToWin program this summer to increase my maxes but I found I look nearly identical aesthetically as I did 3 months ago. My goals are to progressively increase my weights as well as increase size. I will have the time and resources to bulk as hard as possible with a caloric surplus and supplements this semester of college. I am currently looking into PHAT, GVT, Dante's Doggcrapp, and the Russian Sheiko series. Does anyone have any personal experience with these programs or have any additional routines I should look into? Im open to any suggestions and appreciate the support and advise. Ideally, I would like to enter a comp as well as another powerlifting meet in the future. Thanks!

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
A lot of people here love PHAT - it is a really great program. I did GVT and can honestly said I hated it - 10 boring ass sets of 10 on the same boring ass exercise and you have to use such small weights because you're focusing on time under tension. IMO a nice blend of what you want is the answer.

Still want to powerlift? then do 3 sets of 3-5 for those lifts as often as you can.
Want size too? Then add in volume work with accessory work for 3 sets of 6-20 (anywhere in there)
Want aeshetics ? Then make sure your body is symmetrical and build up things like medial and rear delts, a fully developed chest and back and nice arms with well proportioned lower body.

My routine currently is like this
Upper - Bench 3x3-5, Press 3x3-5 , followed by unprogrammed free style volume work. (I am for upper chest, medial delts, triceps

Lower/Back - Deadlifts 3x3-5, Squats 3x3-5, followed by volume work (I aim for upper back, lats, rear delts, and biceps

alp.mozart

alp.mozart

Awards
Thanks for your insight man. I will never lose sight on priority of the compounds. Nothing is better than hitting a PR. Do you just rotate your split with upper/lower/off ?

alp.mozart

alp.mozart

Awards
Did you make significant gains from GVT even though it was mad boring or not really?

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Thanks for your insight man. I will never lose sight on priority of the compounds. Nothing is better than hitting a PR. Do you just rotate your split with upper/lower/off ?
Yeah I do upper/lower/active rest day - Honestly I didn't with GVT maybe just because my lifts werent high enough -but I doubt it - IMO you will do better on a high volume program you enjoy than that - plus you only do 1 main exercise so you're bound to look all fukt up if you do it for a while - I dunno - I just didn't enjoy it. I'd rather hit something with more frequency then have one balls to the wall session that provides subpar gains.