Too much training?

J

jmendoza251g

Awards
Would training 6 days a week each bodypart hit twice a week and hiit 3 times a week too much to properly recover from?
currently training shoulders/legs , chest/tri's, back/bi's twice a week with one night being high weight low reps and other being high reps low weight.
HIIT always done in morning never on leg day
Daily calories about 200 above maintance and currently on keto with one refeed day per week.
Supps are usuals along with OL Ep1c UL. Thanks for any advice or feedback

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
depends. how many sets?
how many reps?
what' the intensity?
how much and how well do you sleep?
what kind and how much stress do you have in your life?
how long have you been lifting? how long have you been training (yes they are different)?
what have you done in the past for conditioning?
how much do you eat? i see you mention part of this above. what is the macronutrient breakdown? and 200 over is probably not enough mainly as what you need day to day will change so you cannot say with much certainty how much over you really are.

now can you handle it? maybe. i trained 5 days a week doing full body everyday to prepare for a powerlifting meet i did this weekend. i came in 9lbs heavier than any meet i have done in the past 3 years and got several PRs including a 44lbs total PR. many people told me i wouldnt be able to maintain that program and would overtrain. the first few weeks were rough but by week 4 i felt great.

J

jmendoza251g

Awards
on heavy weights day I do 4 sets of about 3-5 reps, on heavy sets day i do 4 reps of 10
not too intense on heavy weight days i do rest about 3 min in between sets, about 1-2 min on 10 reps days.
i sleep pretty good at least 8 hours a day
not much stress at all
lifting about 2 years but really training going at least 3-4 times a day last 6 months
always had good conditioning did all sports in high school and even some college basketball
i try clock in at 3200 calories a day with carbs at or lower than 30g, fat around 230g and protein about 240g
Thanks Mr. Ozzie for response

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I don't think you that is too much. As long as you are getting adequete rest, and nutrition you should be good to go. Full body splits can be run 3x a week and those hit each body part 3x a week. As long as youre undulating and progressing, keep at it!

J

jmendoza251g

Awards
yes sir at digitalpimp im coming off a 3 month cut gonna be trying slighty recomp for next month before trying bulk. Just dont know if training each body part twice a week would be more detrimental then beneficial. would be finishing 1st week of 6 days a week on wednesday. I know i would eventually be able to tell myself but wanting to see if anyone else ever trained similarly

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's too much to do short term. I would highly recommend carbs pre-workout though. After my last and most successful recomp I realized that this is the one thing I'll never do again is cut out pre-workout carbs.

jaces

jaces

Awards
the best thing will be is to try it for 3 or 4 weeks and feel how you recover and so