Suggestions for training program

IronWarr

Awards
Hello lifters!!
I'm on diet at the moment so I think to start with Full body training program who look like this:
Mon:
Squats 3x6-8
Leg press: 3x6-8
Incline bench press: 4x10-12
One arm dumbbell row: 4x10-12
Rear delts flyes: 4x10-12
Skull crushers: 4x10-12
Barbell curls: 4x10-12

Tue:
dr Layne Nortons best damn cardio humanly possible in 15 minutes (type in google, i can't post links)
Abs/Forearms/Calves

Wed:
Bench press: 3x6-8
Incline dumbbell BP: 3x6-8
Front Squat: 3x10-12
Lat pulldowns 4x10-12
Lateral flyes : 4x10-12
Close grip BP: 3x8-10
Dumbbell curls: 4x10-12

Thurs:
SAME AS WEDNESDAY

Fri:
Deadlift: 3x6-8
Bent over rows : 3x8-10
Military press: 3x6-8
Lunges: 4x10-12
Shrugs: 4x10-12
Decline dumbbell BP: 4x10-12
Bench dips: 4x10-12
Close grip curls: 4x10-12

Rest/Rest

As you can see i have Strength part (Sq, Military, BP, DL), and pump part... So any suggestions ? Should i try something else or this is good??

My info:
Weight: 75kg
Height: ~170cm
Experience in gym: ~2yrs

BTW: following low carb diet

That is all, i want to listen your opinions.. Thanks!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too much pressing compared to pulling (not enough back/rear delt work) and a ton more upper compared to minimal leg work and hardly any posterior chain work. The general idea isn't bad (squats/presses/dl), but there is too much upper body (especially front side) emphasis and not enough overall leg and back work to keep it balanced.

why full body?
And why not?

jaces

jaces

Awards
full body everyday is just a waste of time imo.. i like the idee of upper lower splits but for most people that have training XP a FB workout would just not be optimal

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
full body everyday is just a waste of time imo.. i like the idee of upper lower splits but for most people that have training XP a FB workout would just not be optimal
I'll agree to disagree.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. Full body workouts are great if you are cutting, which it sounds like he is.

jaces

jaces

Awards
if you squat bench and press with the intensity i do than most bodyparts wil get undertrained

IronWarr

Awards
any your suggestions if you think this is not Ok ??

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Too much pressing compared to pulling (not enough back/rear delt work) and a ton more upper compared to minimal leg work and hardly any posterior chain work. The general idea isn't bad (squats/presses/dl), but there is too much upper body (especially front side) emphasis and not enough overall leg and back work to keep it balanced.

And why not?
Great advice bolt!

What purpose does the cardio have in your routine? One day isnt enough to illicit much of an improvement in anything so id suggest either increasing it or dropping it (lend yourself to the former if condititioning is an issue for you).

jaces

jaces

Awards

And why not?
and that is why its not good for people that are not biginers.. the back amd legs wil always have less stimilus and its mostly compounds wich isnt good if you have weak areas.. thats why i say if you dont want to do a bodypart split then just to push pull legs..

IronWarr

Awards
OK if it's not good, i will skip that program but can you give me links or whatever for your suggestions ??

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are your goals? Bolt gave phenomenal advice. He wasn't saying you can't do full body(bc many high end athletes do full body), he is saying to balance it out. It's really hard to give advice here though as we don't know your goal, experience, and what your body can handle.

Once you have a goal then program accordingly and look into successful teachers of that practice because "sets x reps" for everyday without percentage, overload, progression of some sort, will become stagnant and dull for most people.

jaces

jaces

Awards
if you want a nice bodybuilding/strength type then i will say try PHAT..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It just needs a tinker rather than a complete overhaul. Add in some hamstring work and some more pulling work and post that back up

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and that is why its not good for people that are not biginers.. the back amd legs wil always have less stimilus and its mostly compounds wich isnt good if you have weak areas.. thats why i say if you dont want to do a bodypart split then just to push pull legs..
I see you talking but I don't see what you are saying. BRB somehow a full body routine is going to have less stimulus on the legs automatically. Ok.

It just needs a tinker rather than a complete overhaul. Add in some hamstring work and some more pulling work and post that back up
This is what I was saying. You weren't insanely off, just replace some of the pressing with some pulling and add some more work for the legs (hammies in general).

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My goal now is: Fat loss, my experience is ~2yrs
I meant more of powerlifting, bodybuilding, crossfit, strongman, physique, etc. Bc your training should reflect that.

Fat loss will be primarily diet ma man. I am not an expert on adjusting training for this as I always just cut calories.

IronWarr

Awards
I meant more of powerlifting, bodybuilding, crossfit, strongman, physique, etc. Bc your training should reflect that.

Fat loss will be primarily diet ma man. I am not an expert on adjusting training for this as I always just cut calories.
Bodybuilding.. with some little PL work .. :D i don't want to be too weak..

Kanelifts2718

Kanelifts2718

Awards
I would say vary the intensity of the full body days, one low rep day less volume, one moderate day medium volume and one high rep day ect, cardio I would also change the intensity due to the fact you're training legs 3 times a week so they won't recover as fast if you're hammering cardio, just my input good luck

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
if you squat bench and press with the intensity i do than most bodyparts wil get undertrained
did you know for most of bodybuilding history the greats did movement based workouts and full body much more so than body part splits, if they did at all.

IMO, the body part split and the massive volume per workout came about when vitamin S became so prominent.

the major mistake many people make nowadays when doing full body and only understanding modern body part split training is they try and setup a full body like a split. they try to do a movement for every body part all in one day instead of training movements that hit the whole body and therefore can use far less total movements.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
did you know for most of bodybuilding history the greats did movement based workouts and full body much more so than body part splits, if they did at all.

IMO, the body part split and the massive volume per workout came about when vitamin S became so prominent.

the major mistake many people make nowadays when doing full body and only understanding modern body part split training is they try and setup a full body like a split. they try to do a movement for every body part all in one day instead of training movements that hit the whole body and therefore can use far less total movements.
I agree, at the most one might do an upper/lower split

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I agree, at the most one might do an upper/lower split
depends on the goals of the person. i compete in powerlifting, for example. last year i followed the cube and added around 100lbs to my total. so i followed a one day a week per movement like most western periodization followers. this year i have been lifting 5 days a week instead of 4 (or even 3 many times). i have also been doing full body every workout. i am on path to add at least 75lbs to my total this year and double what i added to my squat last year. with luck i may add closer to 100 by years end.

most people would say that i am doing some dramatically different workouts and think that for the wrong reasons. my total volume of sets per movement over a span of a week is no higher. if anything it is lower than last year. i also have 5 times more first sets so i am much fresher on all my sets. this means my overall intensity is higher. this is more in line with eastern periodization like the russians are known to do.

my point is you have to know how to balance intensity, volume, frequency, with recovery. once you know that you can do full body, splits, and anything in between. IMO, this is why proven programs are so great in my opinion. they take away the guess work, the over analyzing, etc. it let's you get to work right away.

jaces

jaces

Awards

you do know that steroids were being used from the 60s? but i didnt say he has to do huge amounts of volume.. i dont do more than 4 sets per bodypart and i train them twice a week.. wat i ment was a fullbody is more likely to under stimulate huge muscles like the back and legs.. thats why i dont like it.. people should stop using the words best and fastest and either use and ask what optimal will be.. every program will work but is it optimal for that situation

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Hello lifters!!
I'm on diet at the moment so I think to start with Full body training program who look like this:
Mon:
Squats 3x6-8
Leg press: 3x6-8
Incline bench press: 4x10-12
One arm dumbbell row: 4x10-12
Rear delts flyes: 4x10-12
Skull crushers: 4x10-12
Barbell curls: 4x10-12

Tue:
dr Layne Nortons best damn cardio humanly possible in 15 minutes (type in google, i can't post links)
Abs/Forearms/Calves

Wed:
Bench press: 3x6-8
Incline dumbbell BP: 3x6-8
Front Squat: 3x10-12
Lat pulldowns 4x10-12
Lateral flyes : 4x10-12
Close grip BP: 3x8-10
Dumbbell curls: 4x10-12

Thurs:
SAME AS WEDNESDAY

Fri:
Deadlift: 3x6-8
Bent over rows : 3x8-10
Military press: 3x6-8
Lunges: 4x10-12
Shrugs: 4x10-12
Decline dumbbell BP: 4x10-12
Bench dips: 4x10-12
Close grip curls: 4x10-12

Rest/Rest

As you can see i have Strength part (Sq, Military, BP, DL), and pump part... So any suggestions ? Should i try something else or this is good??

My info:
Weight: 75kg
Height: ~170cm
Experience in gym: ~2yrs

BTW: following low carb diet

That is all, i want to listen your opinions.. Thanks!
Make sure you eat and sleep enough @ 19 those were hard for me to do .

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you do know that steroids were being used from the 60s? but i didnt say he has to do huge amounts of volume.. i dont do more than 4 sets per bodypart and i train them twice a week.. wat i ment was a fullbody is more likely to under stimulate huge muscles like the back and legs.. thats why i dont like it.. people should stop using the words best and fastest and either use and ask what optimal will be.. every program will work but is it optimal for that situation
I'm still failing to see how a full body program would under stimulate muscle groups like the back and legs.......Please explain how hitting something like Squat variations on a full body routine is going to under stimulate the legs. :(

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I'm still failing to see how a full body program would under stimulate muscle groups like the back and legs.......Please explain how hitting something like Squat variations on a full body routine is going to under stimulate the legs. :(
If anything I think that people shy away from full-body routines because they think the smaller muscle groups like calves, biceps, and triceps will not get enough work. Not because they're worried about their legs and back not getting enough work

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
yes, and they have been around for longer than that and used by people. early references show nearly 100 years ago. so what's your point?

full body can stimulate large muscles as well if you know how to program correctly. the trick is most people that think they do, do not know how at all.

jaces

jaces

Awards
because a squat wil utilize more than just the legs.. the back wil also be a huge mover so by only doing a squat you wil under stimulate either the hamstring quad or calves..

jaces

jaces

Awards
If anything I think that people shy away from full-body routines because they think the smaller muscle groups like calves, biceps, and triceps will not get enough work. Not because they're worried about their legs and back not getting enough work
its actualy the oppisite effect.. the biceps and triceps and even the delts get stimulated alot but the back has so many fuctions that even 1 day of direct stumili wil not be enough for someone wanting hipertrophy

jaces

jaces

Awards
the point is by the time you have trained for 2 years your body needs more intensity or volume and a full body wont give that with sufficent recovery plus it zaps your focus and energy so by the 3rd or 4th movement your just playing around so its a waste.. plus who would squat first?? most guys would just leave it till the end and just do a few ses

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the point is by the time you have trained for 2 years your body needs more intensity or volume and a full body wont give that with sufficent recovery plus it zaps your focus and energy so by the 3rd or 4th movement your just playing around so its a waste.. plus who would squat first?? most guys would just leave it till the end and just do a few ses
What??? Last sentence definitely makes me think you are either a clever troll or really have no clue.

I did write something about your other two comments (which conflict with each other), but this post makes me realize it's not worth it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What? Do you even science, like at all? Squatting first is foreign to you?

A bro split under utilises muscles as it only hits a group specially once per week. Yes, I understand theres carry over but im not a fan of it. Even so, growth between frequency splits is similar between groups. It beeds investigating further but that alone proves that your statement is misguided

Also I had to LOL about the back having so many functions you cant work them all. Tell me, what functions does it perform and why cant you hit them all?

Deadlift, pullups, pendlay rows and facepulls with a few stabilizing works will work the back.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This was a fun read.

jaces

jaces

Awards
What? Do you even science, like at all? Squatting first is foreign to you?

A bro split under utilises muscles as it only hits a group specially once per week. Yes, I understand theres carry over but im not a fan of it. Even so, growth between frequency splits is similar between groups. It beeds investigating further but that alone proves that your statement is misguided

Also I had to LOL about the back having so many functions you cant work them all. Tell me, what functions does it perform and why cant you hit them all?

Deadlift, pullups, pendlay rows and facepulls with a few stabilizing works will work the back.
so you are going to do 4 types of back exercises , 2 types of OH presses, extensions,curls , squats and deadlifts all on one day?? dont be daft and ignorant

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
so you are going to do 4 types of back exercises , 2 types of OH presses, extensions,curls , squats and deadlifts all on one day?? dont be daft and ignorant
Are you serious right now? No. Thats obviously not how you structure a full body workout. You are clearly very ignorant.

You dont have to do it all in one day - full body doesnt mean the same thing 4-5x per week. Please go do some actual reading on the subject. Youre coming off very ignorant