Great Lower Lat Exercise

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
Awesome! For sure giving these a try when I train back tomorrow, thanks!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe Dante Trudel came up with that movement.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
how is it different than a close grip lat pulldown with a rope/straps? If you flip the way the guy is facing 90 degrees anti clockwise, its the same movement

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I believe Dante Trudel came up with that movement.
Yes he did. I'm thinking about trying it with just a band next time for a great peak contraction, won't get as good of a stretch at the beginning but I have shoulder issues anyway. Lol

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
how is it different than a close grip lat pulldown with a rope/straps? If you flip the way the guy is facing 90 degrees anti clockwise, its the same movement
I hear what you're saying and I thought similarly but try them out and you'll see that they feel very different. I've never really felt my lower lats before this. Make sure you do these after you have a good pump since the shoulders are in a delicate position at the beginning of the movement.

Drock1234

Awards
Standing versus sitting is a big difference. Vertical versus horizontal pull.

jaces

jaces

Awards
the biomachanics differ a little amd the shoulders are hunched forward not rotated back as with a lat puldown

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually did these two back to back and they feel similar. The one thing i can say is the dante rows allowed me to get more of a stretch at the bottom of the rep and a slightly larger rom. Definitely similar though.

CJNator

Awards
I probably was doing it wrong but I did feel it in my back greatly.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing these with a band and I get a really strong contraction at the end of the movement. The only drawback is you don't get the stretch at the top.

jaces

jaces

Awards
I've been doing these with a band and I get a really strong contraction at the end of the movement. The only drawback is you don't get the stretch at the top.
put the band a little higher and when you arms go forward push your torso down

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
put the band a little higher and when you arms go forward push your torso down
I'm not wanting the stretch, as I mentioned above I have shoulder issues. I was just mentioning this for other people.