Volume Bench and Shoulder Workout for powerlifting

Inspiration44

Awards
What do you guys think of my workout? I have a powerlifting meet in 7 weeks and am going to a hypertrophy phase for 4 weeks first, as well as combining some technical training in as well. For this workout I did:

Close grip bench Press:
190lbs x 10,10,9,9,8

Dumbell Bench Press:
80lbs x 8,9,8,7,7

Dumbell Shoulder Press:
50lbs x 10,10,10,10, 9

Side dumbbell lateral raises:
30lbs x 10,10,10,10, 3

I should also note that my best squat is 440lbs, best bench is 280lbs, and best deadlift is 590lbs. Best lifts in competition is 405lb squat, 270lb bench, 572lb deadlift. I had my 440lb squat, just got 2 reds and 1 light, and for the deadlift I got 2 reds and 1 white light, this upcoming meet I should get a good total

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
keep us posted love to see how you do bro goodluck!

Inspiration44

Awards
thx man i really appreciate it:) Hey any chance u could sub to my youtube channel? i post my journey on their as well as on here and other sites:) my youtube name is Dylan33333

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
yessir ! iv always wanted to try a meet just haven't done so think id do well for my bodyweight/age class love see others push the limit keep it up bro

Inspiration44

Awards
thx man:) and ya meets r very fun, u feel like ur om top of the world after u did one. Im doing my 4th one end of august

Inspiration44

Awards
i compete raw, and i dont use knee wraps either. Knee sleeves yes, but not knee wraps, what r u thinking about competing in? raw or equipped

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
raw but I think I would have to wear sleeves now seems how I dislocated my knee about a month ago lol

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
you only train the big three little accessory workouts?

Inspiration44

Awards
Nah I do quite a bit of accessory work as well on top of the big 3. Usually for the big 3 I will do variations, than about 6 weeks out I will really focus on the competition lifts:)

Inspiration44

Awards
Ya I would do that, but I just came off of doing a meet, and peaking, so I want to do a bit of hypertrophy first:) I read the article already on mike isratel, I actually base most of my training on his principles, this might be a tad different just because im doing two meets close together, so I want to focus on a bit of hypertrophy first, than strength than peaking

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you asked for an opinion so there it is lol Good luck at the meet!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're only 7 weeks out, then hypertrophy should be the last of your worries especially when you really will only have two weeks of actual training after that.

Inspiration44

Awards
gotcha:) thanks for the tips and advice, i appreciate it:)

Inspiration44

Awards
im not really doing 100% hypertrophy. My first workout is one of my competition lifts and im doing doubles or triples, after that i will do a close variation of main lift im the 8 rep range than my other 2 exercises will be higher reps such as 10-12. Is this okay? because im still doing my lifts

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dustin07 Training Forum 19
Training Forum 12
50Magnum Supplement Auction 4
50Magnum Supplements 12
Anabolics 41