Programs or Instinctive, Partners or Alone a bit of both or All

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
Just curious as to how others like to train. Do you log data? Do you stay to a routine or go by instinct? Do you prefer training with partners or alone? And anything else related. And explain why.
Oh and this isn't a debate it is an opinion thread so lets not bicker.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I always have a program in place but only as a guide and I apply instincts, logic and smarts around it. I probably should track data its genuinely helpful to look back at records but I don't. I like to train alone so I can do as I please. Others don't motivate me either. Well maybe a super hot chick with big b00bs and arse all up in my face but never had such a gym partner.

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
I stick to a principle more or less and instinctually adapt based on energy level, and other obligations. I too train alone however some very like minded individuals I do enjoy training with and get more out of a session. Despite that I only do thus once in a blue moon or it doesnt do much for me. No data for me either. I think it would benefit me but too be honest I just don't want too. It's not my style.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I seem to make the most progress when I'm logging and can see my progress on paper and in the mirror. Honestly, I do like training with a partner but I like training alone. It's good to have competition but it's not always easy to find somebody with the same goals.