Dumbells for home?

clayboy_123

Awards
Can anyone recommend a durable brand for a complete set up to 100lbs - tko, cap, other?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
craigslist. get most of them that away to save yourself a small fortune. beyond that, cap and york are stocked by most stores. TKO you can even find in gyms so i would say they are a step up in quality.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I would go with iron master adjustable dum bells. That's what I have and they are perfect

Inspiration44

Awards
Buy your dumbells from walmart, dead serious. Make sure they have an adjustable rubber handle, not the metal handles. You can add plates as you feel. I bought 2 dumbbell handles which are customizeable from walmart, and that's all I have used for the last 5 years. You then buy plates from walmart as well, I can make any dumbbell from 5lbs to 150lb dumbells, and I got all of that at walmart for 300 dollars thats it, if you want I could show u a video of what I mean, if it would help.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ I did the same thing. I got handles from Walmart and got used weights from play it again sports.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironmaster DBs! Craigslist or eBay has them from time to time. These are bomb proof and you can drop them. Don't buy the very old version with the slots in the weight plates though.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
All these people saying ebay or Craigslist are on point.

Another gem is yard sells.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
^^^ I did the same thing. I got handles from Walmart and got used weights from play it again sports.
Same thing here. Great way to start. Also got an ez curl bar to use for the standard plates I got.

I do have some DBs that I have picked up since getting the handles. Mainly at large intervals and the heavier ones. I have picked up most at garage sales and Craigslist. Like a pair of 60, 70, 90, and 100lbs.

Event with all that I use a barbell or bands for more than 90% of my lifting anymore.