dislocated knee training

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
dislocated my knee two weeks ago at a rugby game it still feels like it wants to pop out when I walk and hyper extends every once in a while so since I did It I haven't squated or deadlifted especially squatting just because of stepping back from the rack worrys me was wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this if so how do you train with the same intensity of deads and squat with out doing them I miss my deads bad! lol

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Have you seen an ortho? Might be best to get it fixed

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
That sucks dude.
About your knee not about having a family lol.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dislocated my knee two weeks ago at a rugby game it still feels like it wants to pop out when I walk and hyper extends every once in a while so since I did It I haven't squated or deadlifted especially squatting just because of stepping back from the rack worrys me was wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this if so how do you train with the same intensity of deads and squat with out doing them I miss my deads bad! lol
I dislocated my knee years ago and on occasion it happens when placing heavy side pressure on the knee at an angle to normal movement. Never an issue during squats or deadlifts. But mine does not feel like it wants to pop out or is loose in normal walking so you have other issues compared to my case.

Two weeks is not enough to heal probably based on what you are experiencing.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
I dislocated my knee years ago and on occasion it happens when placing heavy side pressure on the knee at an angle to normal movement. Never an issue during squats or deadlifts. But mine does not feel like it wants to pop out or is loose in normal walking so you have other issues compared to my case.

Two weeks is not enough to heal probably based on what you are experiencing.
yea I deadlifted Saturday decided to stop at 415 cause I got the weight up but I can't get my leg to straighten but what makes me nervous about squats is the step out with weight maybe just being retarded lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
yea I deadlifted Saturday decided to stop at 415 cause I got the weight up but I can't get my leg to straighten but what makes me nervous about squats is the step out with weight maybe just being retarded lol
It is never retarded to be concerned about your health. In fact more people should exercise caution in this respect.

I would get a 2nd opinion from another medical professional. Preferably one who works closely with a group that does physical therapy or rehabilitation. They may be more willing to look into an alternative to surgery. In the mean time be safe and if you are going to squat I would recommend using something like the smith machine for safety reasons until you feel up to speed.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today I used a lateral elliptical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAdAyW5Fpf0 Maybe they have one in your gym.

It put a touch of tension on my knee caps from the side without any impacts. Good manner to rehab that injury I think. Well there it is. Actually by shifting body weight you can control how much tension is placed on the knees.

Best Wishes.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
It is never retarded to be concerned about your health. In fact more people should exercise caution in this respect.

I would get a 2nd opinion from another medical professional. Preferably one who works closely with a group that does physical therapy or rehabilitation. They may be more willing to look into an alternative to surgery. In the mean time be safe and if you are going to squat I would recommend using something like the smith machine for safety reasons until you feel up to speed.
never used the smith to squat I assume you don't use as many muscles using the smith because your really not stabilizing the weight ? but if hit the legs hard that's all I'm worried bout Lol

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
Today I used a lateral elliptical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAdAyW5Fpf0 Maybe they have one in your gym.

It put a touch of tension on my knee caps from the side without any impacts. Good manner to rehab that injury I think. Well there it is. Actually by shifting body weight you can control how much tension is placed on the knees.

Best Wishes.
man I will be checking tomorrow! been thinking about a elliptical but going from rugby to a elliptical is like a navy deal coming back and being a bank teller lol but that lateral elliptical looks awesome thanks bro !