German Volume vs. My Routine While On PH's

bg5757

Board Supporter
Awards
I will be starting a 4-week cycle of 1-T and 4-AD transdermally pretty soon and I want to make sure I get the most out if it as it will be a short cycle. I have been reading about German Volume Training's abilities to put on mass very quickly even for experienced lifters, so I am wondering if it would be good to switch to this style to maximize my gains. In my current routine I do all the mass building lifts like bench, deads, pull ups, cleans, and squats. I lift at 75% to 85% of my 1RM for most exercises except isolation exercises, so I think that my routine might be good enough to put on mass.
If anyone has any feedback or experiences with GVT please share them, or if my routine looks good, then let me know. I just want to know if there is a point to switching my routine and why. Thanks.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I will be starting a 4-week cycle of 1-T and 4-AD transdermally pretty soon and I want to make sure I get the most out if it as it will be a short cycle. I have been reading about German Volume Training's abilities to put on mass very quickly even for experienced lifters, so I am wondering if it would be good to switch to this style to maximize my gains. In my current routine I do all the mass building lifts like bench, deads, pull ups, cleans, and squats. I lift at 75% to 85% of my 1RM for most exercises except isolation exercises, so I think that my routine might be good enough to put on mass.
If anyone has any feedback or experiences with GVT please share them, or if my routine looks good, then let me know. I just want to know if there is a point to switching my routine and why. Thanks.
How long have you been doing this routine? If it's longer then 12 weeks then I would switch, but not to GVT. A good number of guys here have tried GVT routine and lost size and strength. Plus even if your on gear it does not mean you can't over train. Why don't you post your whole routine ie: days you lift, sets, exercises, and cardio plan.

bg5757

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, I think I have been using this routine for about 12 weeks so it might be time to switch, but I'm not sure what to switch to.

My current routine looks like this (some exercise change from week to week):
Mon: BB Bench (4 sets), Incline BB Bench (4 sets), Cable Crossovers (4 sets)
Hanging Leg Raises (4 sets), Ab Curl Machine (4 sets), Other Ab Exercise (3 sets)
Tue: Pull Ups (4 sets), Deads (4 sets), DB Rows (4 sets), Reverse Grip Pull Downs (4 sets)
Wed: Cleans (4 sets), Seated DB Press (4 sets), Bent Over Raises (3 sets), Lateral Raises (3 sets), Front Raises (3 sets)
DB Shrugs (4 sets)
Thurs: Skullcrusher (4 sets), Reverse Grip Skullcrusher (4 sets), Bench Dips w/weight (4 sets), Pressdowns (4 sets)
Barbell Curl (4 sets), EZ Bar Preacher Curl (4 sets), Incline DB Curl (4 sets), DB Curl (4 sets)
Fri: Squats (4 sets), DB Lunges (4 sets), DB RDLs (4 sets), Standing Calf Raise (4 sets w/very low weight)
Sat: Rest
Sun: Rest

I do cardio about 3 times a week, which is usually about 25 minutes on the treadmill at a jog, or I do 25 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill or the eliptical.
I think that should be enough info, but let me know if you need more. If any good routines that you guys have used come to mind for me to use, please let me know. Thanks for the replies.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
read my thread about GVT....in summary it sucks imo

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
It should be called Girlie volume training, because that's what it'll turn you into - a weak, bloated girlie man :D