Candito's strength Training program, thoughts?

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I am looking to change up my training to 4-5 days a week instead of 6 days a week. I been a fan of candito and i have watched his vids. :) I like how he explains things well and it makes sense. Obviously I am not going to be a powerlifter or anything fancy but want a nice template to keep improving on my strength. I have to balance it with my other sports however so its kinda like a juggling act.

I am wondering if anyone has done his program for a few months and what are your thoughts on it?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Why not 5/3/1? Wendler has many variations that include not strength and hypertrophy work. His book is pretty detailed on several different variations as well.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I had a look Abe Lincoln; and I talked to my trainer about it today. He is suggests that I should be doing more linear progession kind of training though. 531 is 'intermediate'. and I don't think I am 'intermediate' at all lol.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well I was going to try out his 6 week program, but decided against it to use a program with volume and weekly progression based on another principle. I'm pretty sure 531 is based on monthly progression which makes it "intermediate", I think it could still be used but might be pointless if you are gaining steadily each workout

F0xx3r

Awards
I began 531 before I should of, but still saw huge strength and size increases while running BBB variations, weekly the reps lower slightly with increases percent off your maxes, PR sets make you lift heavy and attempt to break a PR weekly... lots of fun

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I had a look Abe Lincoln; and I talked to my trainer about it today. He is suggests that I should be doing more linear progession kind of training though. 531 is 'intermediate'. and I don't think I am 'intermediate' at all lol.
531 is slow progress. Two good friends of mine made great early progress from 5x5 (200kg squat at <75kg) and have now switched to a candito program.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I've d/l the worksheet and the study guide, I really want to try the hypertrophy program in July for one cycle at the least and see if I like it!

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I've ran canditos 6 week program before. It's legit, great strength gains on squats and DL, not so much bench, but it is definitely a good program.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
well I love the sound of that! :)