Anyone following a John Meadow's Mountain Dog Program?

clown007

clown007

Awards
I am very interested in his training. I have his ebook which talks about program design, but I was wondering if anyone has a full program that they are running?
Looking at a predesigned program would really help in understanding his program design methodologies.

Thanks,
-clown

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started it 4 weeks ago and I really like it. I'd put it up in the top 2 routines that have had the biggest impact on body comp and noticeable size increase along with cardio assistance. Overall a very well rounded, ass kicking program.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Did you purchase a program directly from him? I can't seem to find any programs around. I'd love to have him design one for me but the cost is just too high for me.

Gambriel94

Gambriel94

Awards
Tnation has some articles on the exercises he uses. Just type John Meadows in the search bar and a bunch of stuff will pop up

clown007

clown007

Awards
Cool. Do you have a log running for your workouts?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
breezy11 is a big meadows disciple... can probably provide some good insight

clown007

clown007

Awards
Oh nice! Will take a look.
Meadows seems like such a knowledgeable guy. I've bought both books and his seminar from elitefts.
I was going to try to put a program together myself but I feel running one of his creations would be far better then what I could do.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I've gotten training from John (and designed my own MD training) for the last few years and it has lead to the best progress I've had in about 20 years of training. You can find a few programs that he designed in the Elite FTS "Programs That Work" ebooks, but the rest you need to get directly from him (you won't find these around because those who get training from him don't post it out of respect for him and his work). He'll provide a questionnaire and give you something that he thinks would be best for your current goals and experience. He's always available if you have any questions or feedback as well.

clown007

clown007

Awards
That sounds great. How much is a program created by John Meadows?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds great. How much is a program created by John Meadows?
Usually $500 at full price for a 12 week program. They are very detailed and can be about a 200 page word document. He offers deals at times where some programs are $200-250. He recently offered a training special for his Team Universe prep. He sends exactly what he has been doing a week after its done. My best advice would be signing up for his site, as its full of valuable information on training and nutrition, has a Q and A section, allows you to email him and his team directly with any questions, and includes many workouts (not full programs). You'd also find out about any training specials by being a member as well.

clown007

clown007

Awards
That's great I will look into his website then.

Thanks breezy11

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am very interested in his training. I have his ebook which talks about program design, but I was wondering if anyone has a full program that they are running?
Looking at a predesigned program would really help in understanding his program design methodologies.

Thanks,
-clown
I dont think anyone who has paid for a program will hand out a full one for free, but you can see some of his stuff online.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Absolutely, and I would never expect someone to give one away. I just didn't know if there were any published anywhere, and I'll be picking up the "Programs That Work" at EliteFTS if they have a couple in there.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's great I will look into his website then.

Thanks breezy11
No problem man. I've referred quite a few people to the site and all agree that it's more than worth the cost.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely, and I would never expect someone to give one away. I just didn't know if there were any published anywhere, and I'll be picking up the "Programs That Work" at EliteFTS if they have a couple in there.
I love EliteFTS and there are numerous sample articles people have put up elsewhere that you can piece together if you were so inclined.

clown007

clown007

Awards
I have bought a lot of the ebooks from EliteFTS in the past. Had I have known about Programs That Work, I'd have grabbed them ages ago!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd suggest grabbing the Mtn Dog band pack on Elite FTS as well.

clown007

clown007

Awards
I have a set of the bands already for other stuff I have been doing.
What intrigues me is the Row Handle! :)
Always something new to add to the home gym!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
breezys log speaks volumes of the progress you can make. Look at page one for his before and see if you can get him to post a "now" for comparison.

You can search his log for some inspuration for workout ideas as well. Huge resource in that log!

Go check it out In the training log subsection of the training forum

amarula

Awards
Isn't the Reactive pump program (in t-nation) from him?

clown007

clown007

Awards
Not sure. I'll have to google it. Love his work.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes reactive pump is from John.

His training protocols are VERY effective especially with the right peri workout nutrition.

clown007

clown007

Awards
I'll definitely look into this. Thanks Montego!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It figures... I've been looking into buying a few sets, I finally pulled the trigger Wednesday and then they go on sale haha
Lol. It's still worth it.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I spent last week reading through John Meadows online articles and watching his Youtube videos. Started implementing some of his stuff this week and I'm really liking it so far!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Me too. I'm into the second week of the 6 week program entitled "Muscular Demolition" from the Programs that Work ebook. His programming is so detailed and well explained. I'm thoroughly enjoying this program.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Ive been working directly with meadows for about a year now ive done programs 17,18,19 and 20 im doing omega beam right now.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
ALso I would highly recommend kicking the couple dollars a month to join his website mountaindogdiet dot com its only like 10 bucks a month so skip starbucks 3 times and you get tons of priceless info

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive been working directly with meadows for about a year now ive done programs 17,18,19 and 20 im doing omega beam right now.
I used omega beam for my last prep and it was one of my favorites.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
have a friend who did this as well. Have heard nothing but great things about his program
I've been getting training from John for a few years and highly recommend it depending on your experience and goals.

Texass

Awards
I have 5 meadows program. Im selling them to a very low price.
Message me if interested