Delts following chest day

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing wrong with it depending upon your goals and purpose for doing that. If growth or strength are primary goals I suggest either pairing them together or separating by 48-72 hours.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I used to train delts the day after but then I started doing leg day between chest and shoulders and I started seeing my strength go up on both chest and shoulders

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It depends which you want to prioritize. There's not much issue with doing this so long as you understand that you won't max the potential for your delts.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
so I am assuming you are talking about rear delts mainly, some side delts and not so much front delts because of chest day from day before.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Delts are going to be fatigued after chest - rear and front. Sure you can blast the sh1t out of them again - maybe every now and again to mix things up but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

EDBANGER

EDBANGER

Awards
I'd definitely give them more of a break and stick squats or deads in after chest day. Bench is delt heavy so you'd get more out of the longer rest

P

plifter42

Awards
In a situation like this I would take 60g protein powder immediately following the chest session to speed up recovery, eat complex carbs the night before the delt workout, take a bunch of pre-workout before hitting delts as well as a healthy pre-workout meal, and smash some weight...