Lifting splits

DGoosey

Awards
Just curious to see what everyone elses favorite training splits are, and why. Do yall like hitting a muscle once a week, twice a week etc..? Wanting to try something different and interested to hear everyone's opinions and training principles.

smithstetics

Awards
Just curious to see what everyone elses favorite training splits are, and why. Do yall like hitting a muscle once a week, twice a week etc..? Wanting to try something different and interested to hear everyone's opinions and training principles.
everything at least 2x a week. with a power and a hypertrophy day. love the results from that

DGoosey

Awards
can you give me an example of what your plan looks like? I'm interested!

smithstetics

Awards
can you give me an example of what your plan looks like? I'm interested!
Tbh its very unorganized

Monday Chest/Bi's

3x6-8 flat dumbell bench press
3x10-15 incline dumbell bench/ superset with 3x15-20 dumbell flies
3x10 dips/maybe tricep pushdowns
3x10reg barbell curls
3x15 reverse curls

tbh its so unorganized it usually ends up being some heavy dumbells supersetted with other stuff

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the power and Hypertrophy split but now that I am oldballs it's more taxing on me. The single body part/5 days a week works best for me these days. Lol.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
The split that I have made my best progress is:
Day 1: chest/back/calves
Day 2: legs
Day 3: shoukders/arms/calves
Day 4: Rest
REPEAT

smithstetics

Awards
REPEAT
Why even train calves? They'll never grow anyways lol. I like the idea, i'll stick to a three day repeating with maybe an ab daycstuck in the middle

DGoosey

Awards
REPEAT
I like this, although I've tried the chest/back days and quite frankly after doing chest I am absolutely drained after an hour and don't crush back how I want to, so I like to keep those separate or if i can somehow do a two a day split them by at least 8 Hours

DGoosey

Awards
Anyone have any thoughts or tried the squat every day program?

smithstetics

Awards
Anyone have any thoughts or tried the squat every day program?
That plan doesn't sit right with me, especailly since you'd just be training legs everyday and would have to spend a lot more time at the gym to work anything else

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Why even train calves? They'll never grow anyways lol. I like the idea, i'll stick to a three day repeating with maybe an ab daycstuck in the middle
Haha. The "leg day" doesn't include calves. Should have said "thigh day". I train abs after legs

I like this, although I've tried the chest/back days and quite frankly after doing chest I am absolutely drained after an hour and don't crush back how I want to, so I like to keep those separate or if i can somehow do a two a day split them by at least 8 Hours
You train just chest for an hour? Waaay too much my friend. This split I'd recommend 3-5 workoung sets per muscle group for most people. 6-10 for back because back includes a lot of muscle groups

DGoosey

Awards
Yeah I've been doing that for a couple years now! I've managed to do fine with that able to hit every chest fibers.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squat
OHP or Floor Press
Deadlift
Bench

Each day has its own accessories depending on the phase of training, injuries, goals, etc. Volume also varies with most done by autoregulation.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Yeah I've been doing that for a couple years now! I've managed to do fine with that able to hit every chest fibers.
Curious what you mean when you say you've managed to do fine...does that mean that you've been growing, getting stronger? Not trying to be a dick brother, it's just that I hear a lot of "this is what works for me" from guys that have no clue how to decide if they are making progress or not....Not trying to say that you are one of those guys. Just wanted to ask what leads you to believe that this is the better way for you to train your chest?

Another split that I really like that doesn't have chest and back together:
Day 1: Chest/arms/calves
Day 2: Legs (thighs)
Day 3: Back/shoulders/calves
Day 4: rest
Repeat

DGoosey

Awards
I feel you my friend, I grew pretty well and strength went through the roof, but then again that's when I was just starting out so its hard to say wether it was just beginner gains or the routine. I've just always loved doing at least 40m on chest I just want to pump it and destroy the hell out of it. I'm always up to try new things though I'll give the split you said a try. I just personally like to spend a good portion of time on each muscle group. I've always done the following..
Chest
Back
Arms
Rest
Shoulders
Legs
Rest

This always seemed to work for me personally, but I'm wanting a split to hit each major muscle twice a week or at least every 5 days.

The reasoning I had at first for training for that long for each muscle is just to hit every angle and fiber. I started doing the jay cutler routine from bb.com
Rest

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
My favorite is an upper/lower split

Chest back shoulders rotate priority and have a 3x5 power move. Followed up by biceps and triceps. Then the next day I do legs and Abs also with rotating power moves.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
"Bro" split!!! Chest & tri's. Back & bi's. Legs. Shoulders.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
If I can hit the gym 4 days per week I like upper bench focus, lower squat focus, rest, upper OHP focus, lower deadlift focus. + accessory movements on all days.

If I am only going 2-3 days per week I am all about the whole body though! Squat, bench, pull ups one day, then next time after a couple days it's deads, OHP, rows. Maybe assistance if time and energy permit. Whole body training will wipe you out quick...

ToughMech

Awards
I just started this split which has worked out very well for me for building strength. This workout made me realize I don't need to spend so much time on little muscle groups and focus on larger ones more.
Day 1 Legs (most quad emphasis)
Day 2 Back
Day 3 Shoulders (tiny bit of chest)
Day 4 Rest
Day 5 Legs (posterior emphasis)
Day 6 Back
Day 7 Arms

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
I follow an Upper/Lower Split, my log is up in the training log section

Basically 2 bench days, one bench day segways into more of a pull workout, the other segways into more of a push workout

Then I have 2 skwat/dead days, alternating which starts first

I get much more technical with how things are structured in my log