Chest Training Walkthrough Vid

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
For your viewing pleasure :) Shot a Video of my last chest workout and talk a bit about how I learned to get my stubborn chest to grow. More than happy to hear questions and feedback as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlRgmY2GAuk

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Looking huge man! Love the routine but hate declines as I usually don't have a spotter so I do heavy dips instead. Machine isolateral presses seem to be the best chest exercise to get that contraction/pump. What's your shoulder routine look like?

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Thanks brother. Dips are my other go to for pecs. I really like the hammer presses because I can load up a lot of weight even when I'm fatigued and don't have to worry about safety issues forcing reps.

I'm actually putting the shoulder part of that work together in another video. It's really quick. Just 3 working sets: dumbbell shoulder press, and 2 sets of laterals. Low volume is the way to go IMO. And shoulders are probably the most overt rained muscle group there is

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks brother. Dips are my other go to for pecs. I really like the hammer presses because I can load up a lot of weight even when I'm fatigued and don't have to worry about safety issues forcing reps.

I'm actually putting the shoulder part of that work together in another video. It's really quick. Just 3 working sets: dumbbell shoulder press, and 2 sets of laterals. Low volume is the way to go IMO. And shoulders are probably the most overt rained muscle group there is
Looking good bro. On contrary to what you said, I feel incomplete with low volume work on shoulders. I feel like I need to blast them with high volume and even then I never get sore or feel fatigued. But yes I understand how they can be easily over trained, they're involved with chest and back exercises.

I'm interested in your shoulder workout routine. Never hurts to try, I can probably incorporate low volume work when I'm on pct.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
I personally love low volume shoulder routines with no front raises, due to the fact that the anterior delta are worked heavily during chest. Military press, reverse pec decks, side lateral raises and shrugs are my go tos

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Looking good bro. On contrary to what you said, I feel incomplete with low volume work on shoulders. I feel like I need to blast them with high volume and even then I never get sore or feel fatigued. But yes I understand how they can be easily over trained, they're involved with chest and back exercises.

I'm interested in your shoulder workout routine. Never hurts to try, I can probably incorporate low volume work when I'm on pct.
Not sure what you mean by feeling incomplete...I can say that soreness and tiredness are not good indicators that you have stimulated a growth response in a muscle. And overtraining shoulders is not only less than ideal for delt growth, it can also limit your progress on back and chest as well. Not accusing you of overtraining btw. but I think the majority of guys lifting to grow are overtaining