Exercise Science Class

Gambriel94

Gambriel94

Awards
What's up guys! I am taking Exercise Science next semester at school. It's a class where I need no prereqs and I have not taken anatomy. Do you guys have suggestions on how I can prepare for the class this summer? Any resources you can recommend? Thanks!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the description of the class?

Gambriel94

Gambriel94

Awards
Provides an introductory level knowledge of exercise science and exercise physiology. Emphasis will be on the history of exercise physiology , nutrition and energy supply for exercise, cardiovascular function and exercise, on the muscular types and exercise, and on the research methods in exercise science.

Gambriel94

Gambriel94

Awards
So I guess I answered my own question lol but any sources ppl can recommend?

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Honestly took exercise physiology last semester, if you currently body build and understand nutrition you should do quite well, I would recommended getting the text book and attending lecture lol. It was my most fun class by far.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It really depends on how in depth the class is going to go. It sounds like a very broad introductory class so it should be too bad.

The mcadle & Katch ex phys textbook is good. Only problem is it might be more then you need, but extra learning really isn't bad.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My ex phys class was an intro class that sounds similar to yours. It was mainly anatomy (eg learning muscle function, proximal and distal attachments, etc). Also did some movement analysis. My final was doing a movement analysis of the power clean.