Resistance Bands

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for a decent set of resistance bands to use for mobility work and warms ups. Does anyone know of a good brand?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out elitefts. They have a lot of options to choose from.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out elitefts. They have a lot of options to choose from.
This. Mine are from elite fts but most quality distributors should be comparable. I've also used from Rogue.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gold's Gym has them at Walmart. I like mine so far and I've had it for a few months.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
iron woody is another good one.

so far the onyx from elite are the best ones i have used. got them at 1 of the gyms i go to and their ability to maintain their resistance is darn good.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I just bought some from ebay and they still work awesome. and then my gym started stocking them so i got more but at a staff discount lol.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My EliteFTS bands are awesome. Subscribe to their site and they often send sales via email.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Rogue ones are way more expensive than the EliteFTS.

I picked up 2 of the 3.25 inch bands from EliteFTS for around $70. Rogue wanted almost $100 each for 4 inch bands.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Guys do you want to share some ideas what you like to do best with the resistance bands? I use mine to do band pull aparts. and tie one to my bed post and do rows as well because it helps my shoulders.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys do you want to share some ideas what you like to do best with the resistance bands? I use mine to do band pull aparts. and tie one to my bed post and do rows as well because it helps my shoulders.
I string them to the plate pegs (moving and stationary) of hammer machines, usually for chest and shoulders. It changes what you do into a more dynamic rep with the resistance increasing rapidly towards full contraction.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pullaparts (underhand/overhand, bent arm/straight arm)
3D's
Triple Threats
Reverse band lifts
Using them as accommodating resistance
Catback pulldowns
Assisted Pull-ups
Standing crunches
Pallof press/Anti-rotation exercises
Ect ect ect

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
That is a totally awes idea dsade thanks!

well I am going to to have to look up what some of those mean Sean1332; - triple threats, catback oulldowns, i like the sound of them though :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which ones would you recommend for shoulder mobility work and warm-ups?
Depends which mobility work you're doing.

For Super D's shoulder mobility, I use the Pro Monster Mini and Pro Mini (long skinny green and red)

I also use the large Gray, or 'average' band, but that can be substituted by using two greens.

His mobility video:

https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY

For other mobility work I mainly use the red one or the Pro Micro (for pull-a-parts, over and backs, etc). It's the long skinny orange band.

If I could only order the bare minimum based on what I use the most, I'd order

1x Pro Micro
2x Pro Mini
1x Pro Monster Mini

I currently have the Mountain Dog pack though, and it's awesome but on the pricier side.

JaySlayer

Awards
Depends which mobility work you're doing. For Super D's shoulder mobility, I use the Pro Monster Mini and Pro Mini (long skinny green and red) I also use the large Gray, or 'average' band, but that can be substituted by using two greens. His mobility video: https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY For other mobility work I mainly use the red one or the Pro Micro (for pull-a-parts, over and backs, etc). It's the long skinny orange band. If I could only order the bare minimum based on what I use the most, I'd order 1x Pro Micro 2x Pro Mini 1x Pro Monster Mini I currently have the Mountain Dog pack though, and it's awesome but on the pricier side.
Does Elite still sell the mountain dog pack?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Depends which mobility work you're doing.

For Super D's shoulder mobility, I use the Pro Monster Mini and Pro Mini (long skinny green and red)

I also use the large Gray, or 'average' band, but that can be substituted by using two greens.

His mobility video:

https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY

For other mobility work I mainly use the red one or the Pro Micro (for pull-a-parts, over and backs, etc). It's the long skinny orange band.

If I could only order the bare minimum based on what I use the most, I'd order

1x Pro Micro
2x Pro Mini
1x Pro Monster Mini

I currently have the Mountain Dog pack though, and it's awesome but on the pricier side.
What's the difference between the Pro Mini and the Pro Monster Mini? I'm thinking about doing one of each plus one Mico.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the difference between the Pro Mini and the Pro Monster Mini? I'm thinking about doing one of each plus one Mico.
Other than the colors; the resistance. The green is a stronger band. If you don't use them for banded barbell work, then 1x each should be fine.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Just wanna report back; the 3 elitefts bands I got are great. I have incorporated them into my daily warm ups and mobility work, and the benefits are already showing.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established