Online Coaching

DGoosey

Awards
I've been interested in getting an online coach, I've been hitting plateaus lately and my workouts have sub par, motivations been low. I use to follow bodybuilding.com routines to a T, but I'm looking to try something new and learn from others and get a new perspective. So my question is, is there any good reasonable online coaches out there that yall reccomend?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What programs were those?

Have you done 5x5 ?

DoggCrapp?

PHAT?

If you need to switch it up for volume, GVT

With the programs available an online coach is unnecessary IMO unless you're in prep

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are these online coach off IG? A-holes who sell you programs that you can google. Everyone is trying to make a dollar these days...

DGoosey

Awards
I did the following, jay cutlers, kris gethin 12week, Arnold's blue print, and kris gethin 8week. Now I just go in and do whatever I feel that day and whatever machines open, but I need to get back on a strict regiment so I'm hitting everything and become balanced. I haven't don't the ones you mentioned are they on bb.com? I would be interested in doing those I've heard of them. Only issue now is I hurt my wrist trying to keep up with the Arnold program and I've been trying to lower volume and take ample rest. It's been hell.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I would do any I mentioned over the BB ones

DoggCrapp is worth looking into.
If you stick to it you will progress, no doubt

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did the following, jay cutlers, kris gethin 12week, Arnold's blue print, and kris gethin 8week. Now I just go in and do whatever I feel that day and whatever machines open, but I need to get back on a strict regiment so I'm hitting everything and become balanced. I haven't don't the ones you mentioned are they on bb.com? I would be interested in doing those I've heard of them. Only issue now is I hurt my wrist trying to keep up with the Arnold program and I've been trying to lower volume and take ample rest. It's been hell.
Get a personal trainer who has a background more geared towards strength training. Sounds to be more lack of motivation than anything and it will show in all aspects of your training. What's the goal at hand?

DGoosey

Awards
It's not necessarily lack of motivation of lifting because I love it, it's just disapointing when I leave the gym without the sick nasty pumps and the great feeling of crushing it like I used to.

DGoosey

Awards
My goal is just to build lean mass get strong and look good.

DGoosey

Awards
Looking to gain a little bit more lean mass I don't have much more room to work with being 5,9 200-205 but I'd like to lean up become more aesthetic and make **** pop.

DGoosey

Awards
I'm very interested in the doggcrap program but I'm having trouble find like a specific straight forward one I can follow, could you send me a link or something.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm very interested in the doggcrap program but I'm having trouble find like a specific straight forward one I can follow, could you send me a link or something.
If you want to do DC, then there's a myriad of info all over the Internet. It's not so much an exact routine as it is a method so you'd have to decide which lifts to incorporate. Dante does have certain things he recommends and certain things to avoid, though. I personally am not a huge fan of it as I think the volume is way too low.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you want to do DC, then there's a myriad of info all over the Internet. It's not so much an exact routine as it is a method so you'd have to decide which lifts to incorporate. Dante does have certain things he recommends and certain things to avoid, though. I personally am not a huge fan of it as I think the volume is way too low.
Low for me too but it gets results as a beginners program

People here dislike my PHAT recommendation saying its too high lol

Everyone is different, I recover just fine on PHAT, could fit in a few doubles

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Low for me too but it gets results as a beginners program

People here dislike my PHAT recommendation saying its too high lol

Everyone is different, I recover just fine on PHAT, could fit in a few doubles
PHAT is only too much for people with bad work capacity not realizing that alone is a reason for a lack of progress.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I thought online coach meant connecting with skype and then checking your form as you lift :)

DGoosey

Awards
That would be pretty sweet! Although a little impractical, but I was more talking towards someone just to help me stay the course and keep on track with all my lifts, food, rest, supplementation etc.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would be pretty sweet! Although a little impractical, but I was more talking towards someone just to help me stay the course and keep on track with all my lifts, food, rest, supplementation etc.
PM me

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
That sounds like motivation? Do you have a goal.. and how much do you want that goal.

If the goal is important enough to you then you will fight for it no matter what. and you won't put up with any excuses your mind makes up to stop you from getting it done. :)

Once you have a goal though you need a really good plan to stick to so Rodja; will be able to put you in the right direction forsure :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For that matter you could choose a program and start a thread on here. Plenty of people will chime in and motivate/give feedback/critique/etc.

Many of us do it just for the info. The more pics/vids/workouts/food you can put into the log the more we can talk about it and help when needed. Or simply cheer you on ;)

DGoosey

Awards
Awesome hell yeah thanks bro good idea! I'm still pretty new to the forums but I'm loving it so far!

DGoosey

Awards
You're very right can't argue with that, I've just lost sight of my goal and motivation. Time to focus and keep killing.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I used to train people, their entire diet was written out and training program so I knew exactly what was going on. If someone is not willing to do that, move on. And I mean down to every calorie, macro, and rep.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When I used to train people, their entire diet was written out and training program so I knew exactly what was going on. If someone is not willing to do that, move on. And I mean down to every calorie, macro, and rep.
If I paid someone to help get me in shape I would expect no less. I do it for myself when I want results so I would expect that they would too. How else would you be able to make changes if there's no baseline/info to go from?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I paid someone to help get me in shape I would expect no less. I do it for myself when I want results so I would expect that they would too. How else would you be able to make changes if there's no baseline/info to go from?
You'd be surprised how many just focus on the training aspect and not on the nutrition aspect. I could write the training part in a page yet the diet and breakdown took 7. :lol:

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
The PT's here charge $80 for a personal nutrition and exercise program, i think that's the going rate for my area in every gym if they offer this. I think that's why only the serious people take up the offer.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The PT's here charge $80 for a personal nutrition and exercise program, i think that's the going rate for my area in every gym if they offer this. I think that's why only the serious people take up the offer.
Thats cheap.....and you get what you pay for.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think if you just put up a log, you'll have great people here help you and you don't have to waste any money. People on AM are extremely knowledgable.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
True.