ke0ki's cutting log

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

hmmm...thanks for the advice, Beowulf. The CKD worked well for me,but my strength did go down a bit - its back up though after 6 weeks of maitenence/traditional nute ratios. I guess different bodies work better with different methods. CKD.com is full of people that swear by it.

I havent read too much about UD2.0 - other than that its really hard to follow. With the CKD I did - I trained everything like I normally do, and did mild cardio 4x a week. The 2nd week without carbs was rough, but after the refeeds I felt really good with lots of energy. I went from a nice snug fit in my size 38 pants to being comfortable in the 34's that have been in the closet for 6 months, except Im a little tight around the quads So that's a good thing!

I did gain a bit of fat back since Ive been of the diet, but Ive also been eating over maintence the past couple weeks, in an effort to get strength up before I start the next CKD phase. Still, right around 15% and nowhere near as chunky as I was 10lbs ago.

Im not saying Bobo's methods arent superior to this one, quite the contrary Im sure that if I were training under him Id be seeing great results - things seem to be going OK for me though with the plan Im on. If I start losing copious amounts of muscle of course I will change my methods!!

Thanks,
    BV

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    So you think cycling the CKD is a bad idea Bobo? Sheeeit, I thought I was on the right track there. Slowly, progressively reducing cals with a traditional diet is superior?

It seems to be working great right now, but I can see how trying to stay at <9%-10% it would be a bad idea. The CKD seems like a good, effective way to get out of the higher BF% relatively quickly - but I completely agree that going back and forth while trying to maintain a low BF percentage wouldnt work too well.

My plan was to CKD from 17%-15% for 6-8 weeks, maintain for 6-8, CKD again to get down around 12%, and then use a traditional diet to get down to ~9%.

BV
    For anyone that has a high bf%, yes. You simply can eat a ****load of calories on a traditional diet, maintain ALL of your strength and drop bodyfat at a rate of 2lb/week WHILE maintaing a very healthy hormonal profile that allows you to taper for a long peroid of time.

The idea you can lose more bodyfat in a given point of time by manipulating carbohydrate intake is a crock of **** IMO. Fat loss is a pretty steady thing and the body regulates it fairly easily. You can lose more WEIGHT with low carb diets but not more fat.

So its basically a choice. For better long term results and a chance to achieve low bf%, a low carb diet is not the best option IMO. Constant carbohydrate intake is simply too important IMO.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    hmmm...thanks for the advice, Beowulf. The CKD worked well for me,but my strength did go down a bit - its back up though after 6 weeks of maitenence/traditional nute ratios. I guess different bodies work better with different methods. CKD.com is full of people that swear by it.

I
    If you lose strenght, its a good sign that you are losing muscle or VERY close to it.

I wouldn't think the people at ckd.com like the 40/40/20 split. Then again I did take one of their mods and proved him how much better a 40/40/20 can be

He will NEVER go back to a low carb diet again....I know that for fact
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%

Just to drop my 2 cents-
    I've been through phases where I concentrated on strength and power, and a phase of cutting to try to achieve very low bf, so I have an opinion on both.

The dieting was without a doubt one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. And I didn't even get as close as I'd like, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I have a HUGE respect for bodybuilders, drugs or no drugs. Dieting is tough, even depressing (was for me anyway).
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks for your input Bobo - maybe I will forgo the next CKD after all. Its hard to make up my mind at this point. Ive never tried to achieve a 'ripped' physique up until now, Im training by myself so at times its tough to get motivated when Ive got so much else going on. Maybe I need to jump on the Bobo plan

BV
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Weight today was 176.6. Feeling scrawny and looking soft. I am looking leaner but also alot less muscular. My diet has been superb except I had 2 cheat meals on Sunday instead of 1. I dunno what's up.

I ordered some superdrol yesterday and am going to start a cycle to give me a little help.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Weighed in at 176.6 again today. My waist is TINY and getting smaller by the day. I still don't have a sixpack (the lower 2 just never show) but I can see a lot of definition where there wasn't much previously. I have been eating and training perfectly since my last post. I still feel small but I am really starting to look lean and cut. I would say I'm around 10% bf and hope to get around 5-6% within the next 6 weeks. Funny thing is my strength is up on triceps and remaining the same in all other areas.

As I stated in my previous post I will be starting a superdrol cycle on Monday and am going back and forth between a 2on-2off-2on and 3on-2off-3on cycle.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Started my SD yesterday. Going at 10mg a day for 3 weeks. No 2nd cycle after that.

Weighed in today at 177.5. Weight gain is due in part to water gain from sd and some not so great eating this past weekend. Prior to this weekend I looked rippped to shreds.
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Weight today was 179.2. Saw midnight showing of Star Wars last night and got a bag of movie theater popcorn and bag of chewy sweet tarts (this is extremely rare). I was expecting to look terrible today but I actually looked leaner and more defined then the day before! I am thinking it's the sd working (i love this stuff already).
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Time for an update...

Bobo is king of personal trainers. SD is pinnacle of legal androgens.

I have hovered around 179 for 2 weeks now but I am MUCH leaner and I look quite buff My strength is up on everything and I feel great. I bumped the sd up to 20mg. Yes, SD lived up to the hype although it was milder than I anticipated. Diet has been close to perfect (minus a handful of cheddar cheese popcorn and tuna sushi with white rice). Haven't missed a workout or cardio session yet. Initially I wasn't doing my cardio in the morning and holding off till later in the day. I have changed that and made time for AM cardio. I have never been this ripped before in my life but I still don't have a freaking 6 pack!! The bottom 2 abs just don't want to show. Regardless I suspect I am at 7-8% now. I am hoping to get to 4-6% with Bobo's help. HELLLP MEEEE BOBOOO.

Here are my lifts as of now (this isn't what I can do for EVERY set rather what I can do on my first set following warmup):

DB bench: 100 x 8
    Arnold Press: 70 x 8
    DB Curls: 55 x 8
    Seated Rows: 150 x 10
    Squats: 225 x 12
    Bent Over Rows: 275 x 6
    Pull Ups: 7 w/45 lbs around waist

I am going to add an ECA in to the equation in the next week or so. Bobo any recommendations on when I should do this?
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Keep going. THe abs will be last to show. You have to lose that fat that you don't look at (inner thighs, lower back, ass, etc...). Once that goes, the abs become visible. It just takes a while and its not easy.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Keep going. THe abs will be last to show. You have to lose that fat that you don't look at (inner thighs, lower back, ass, etc...). Once that goes, the abs become visible. It just takes a while and its not easy.
    damn the ass fat
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good Job! Take some pics!
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6
    Good Job! Take some pics!
    I will! Buy me a camera!
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Weighed in at 181 today so up about 5 lbs since the start of SD. I am at 20 mg a day now. Setting PR's on pretty much every exercise. Retaining a bit of water due to SD and my diet getting a little off track.
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Weighed in yesterday at 182.5. Finished my sd cycle (3 weeks total). I've decided not to do a 2nd cycle. Diet has been perfect except for 1 rather bad cheat meal. Training has also been perfect. Haven't missed a day on this program yet.

I'm taking rebound xt for pct along with red yeast rice, coq10, and milk thistle. I also just started taking san v12 (i stopped during the sd cycle) and an eca. I retained a bit of water on cycle so I expect to drop a quick 3-4 lbs in the next couple days.
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

I must also add that I did not experience many side effects while on cycle. I had a tough time getting to sleep some nights which is unusual, but I cannot say for sure whether it was caused by the sd since I was also taking green tea extract.

I only experienced lower back pumps only on my last leg day and I assume this is because the last couple days I bumped the dosage to 30mg. They weren't unbearable but I did have to rest a bit longer than usual between sets till they subsided. Besides that the pump did not hinder my workout.

Otherwise I am pretty satisfied with the results. I leaned out and at the same time gained ~6 lbs. I'm sure if I had been bulking I would have gained a lot more weight. I also gained a good bit of strength. I am hearing that most people are keeping most if not all of their strength so we will see if the same is true for me.
  18. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%
  19. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Day 6 of PCT. Weighed in yesterday at 181 and my strength is still the same! I am very impressed so far.
  20. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Thats because small and pretty is harder to do. Being big and brawny is easy
    I've got the 'small' part mastered. I'm going to pay Bobo to make me pretty.

Keep up the good work ke0ki, sounds like you're doing great!
    Last edited by GTOman; 06-11-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Similar Forum Threads

1. DanTman's CUTTING log...starting 11/13/05
    By danTman2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 12:04 AM
  2. t3/albuterol/ECA/1-test/4AD cutting log
    By Sendo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 12:04 PM
  3. halodrol 50 cutting log
    By jjordanj in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 58