Wrist pain and training?

D

DGoosey

Awards
This past month I've had chronic wrist pain in my left and now my right wrist. Today while lifting a vein in my left wrist/forearm felt really swollen and looked elevated and you could feel it very clearly. I was hoping to see if I could get some advice or help, or if anyone's delt with this before. Thank you in advance.

S

sk1017

Awards
I had tendonitis in my wrist and started wearing wrist straps... That save my life lmao

D

DGoosey

Awards
I've been using lifting straps too but it's still been bothering me after I lift.

D

David147

Awards
I have wrist pain as well that I thought came from the shock my wrists get from cycling. I found out it was from typing. I had carpal tunnel syndrome. I have a massage therapist work on my hands and wrists and the problem has gone away. I've also changed the ergonomics of my workstation since I work on a computer all day.

D

DGoosey

Awards
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to have to go to a massage therapist and see if they can be of help I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier!

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
mobilitywod has some good videos to help you get better wrist mobility. like I been doing the band distraction move for 2 weeks and hola.. now i can get into rack position for front squat :) cheerin.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have it as well and I've been masking it with my wrist wraps. It only hurts me when I do 21s or any bicep curls.

D

DGoosey

Awards
Is that on YouTube? Thank you for the heads up I'll look into it!��

D

DGoosey

Awards
See I've been using wrist straps too and it helped on pressing exercises but the other day when I was doing back my wrist gave out and it's frustrating!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See I've been using wrist straps too and it helped on pressing exercises but the other day when I was doing back my wrist gave out and it's frustrating!!
Straps or wraps? They're very different.

D

DGoosey

Awards
It only bothered my left wrist on lat pull downs, but I did a heavy chest workout the night before so that could be the issue.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend rest (at least avoidance of painful exercise), ice ( if there's noticeable inflammation) and Antaeus Achilles. I

D

DGoosey

Awards
For sure brother I took a week off, whats Anataeus Achielles?

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Broke my left wrist in December. I did a lot of research on Cissus Quadrangularis. I would say this stuff works wonders. Put me back to lifting very quickly after the cast came off. Joint and tendon pain was very minor.

I was taking 2g during the heal time. Now using a combo supplement called John Scott's Nitro Flex. Cissus has glowing reviews all over the place. One of the few things I stand behind now. Good for making strong new bone as well.

D

DGoosey

Awards
Awesome stuff guys thanks for all the help!!

Good stuff Im looking into that as we speak, thanks for this! Hopefully with all of yalls help I can make a speedy recovery, and get back at it!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Ouch, that doesn't sound good. Versa grips may help i think they have some padding. I have the same problem when im doing push exercises. Overhead press and flat bench. The only thing that really helped me was to say do bench first or overhead press first. i think it had something to do with the pressure on my wrist

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Hope it helps. I know my wrist injury was very inconvenient. But form on lifts has improved, and front squat form changed for the better.

D

DGoosey

Awards
I can imagine it would make you a lot more conscientious about your form, I'll be spending the extra time to do so as well!

D

DGoosey

Awards
I've never used versa grips before I'll have to give them a try too, I'm willing to give anything a try that can help this issue!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
For sure brother I took a week off, whats Anataeus Achielles?
It's a multi action supplement for connective tissue support. It acutely reduces inflammation and pain along with strengthening and acceleration of the healing process

D

DGoosey

Awards
Just order some online should get here tomorrow thanks for the advice my friend, I'll keep you posted on the hopefully good results.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Just order some online should get here tomorrow thanks for the advice my friend, I'll keep you posted on the hopefully good results.
Cool, yeah keep me posted, hopefully it'll help you!

K

kck

Awards
Cissus freaks me out.

I fractured my ankle a few years ago and had minor muscle/tendon tears. I took cissus religiously while working out my upper body and abs. My doctor was the team doctor for the washington capitals. He said he rarely sees ankles heal like mine. It healed stiff instead of loose, which he said was better. He was actually surprised at how well it healed.

Anecdotally, the stuff works wonders.

Broke my left wrist in December. I did a lot of research on Cissus Quadrangularis. I would say this stuff works wonders. Put me back to lifting very quickly after the cast came off. Joint and tendon pain was very minor.

I was taking 2g during the heal time. Now using a combo supplement called John Scott's Nitro Flex. Cissus has glowing reviews all over the place. One of the few things I stand behind now. Good for making strong new bone as well.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I struggle with wrist pain in my right wrist (I'm right handed). It started bothering me again Saturday evening...which tells me my form was off during bench work earlier that day. It's still bothering me. So, I'll add that in...make sure your form is correct & you are not continuously over stressing the jounts & tendons. I always know when I didn't keep my form tight...my body let's me know the few following days.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I struggle with wrist pain in my right wrist (I'm right handed). It started bothering me again Saturday evening...which tells me my form was off during bench work earlier that day. It's still bothering me. So, I'll add that in...make sure your form is correct & you are not continuously over stressing the joints & tendons. I always know when I didn't keep my form tight...my body let's me know the few following days.