chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been looking into DUP and have a couple questions

I like the fact that you do lifts multiple times a week as I have learned I respond to more frequent training.

due to injury I can't really deadlift heavy.. I can really only hover around 135 for SLDL and conventional dead... Also due to injury I cannot bench heavy and hover around 135-155.

I can still shoulder press, row, squat (above 185 I think) , and do weighted pullups. I may even be able to hang clean.

Can I sub out the standard bench and dead for main movements and make my main movements say

Weighted pullups
OHP
Squat
Row

Then use deads and bench as accessory movements?

Do you recommend all accessory work on a single day or incorporating it at the end of main work?

Lastly, how can I include some light cardio (hiit and Liss) without hindering size and strength too much? I plan on using this program while on a slight surplus.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
What injuries do you have?
please answer this. i am confused how you cannot deadlift or bench but can squat and even do an explosive movement like a hang clean, which starts off like a deadlift and finishes with a front squat. something doesnt fit here.....

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^2 really curious because there's many exercises to choose from

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a shifted pelvis and my right shoulder and pec is chronically tight due to how the pelvis rotates my whole body. Short of getting surgery to repair damaged ligaments, I have no options. And surgery is not an option at this point in life at age 26 and extremely busy in all facets of life so I just work around it. I also have chronically Enflamed psoas from a bad deadlift attempt last summer (10 months ago) which goes hand in hand with the shifted pelvis. When I talked about cleaning it would be light like under 135 and idk if I can even actually do it without aggravating my injury. I get a lot of nerve entrapment when the region flares up so I have to keep it to a minimum. Squatting doesn't seem to bother me but I've not tried pushing past 185. I used to squat and dead 315 for football (receiver)... I used to leg press 20 plates... But I got hurt and that's life. I wasn't supposed to be able to ever even run again without pain and symptoms but I've managed to get back to decent running speeds for hiit... Point is I know my body and just trying to figure out how I can adapt my goals and injuries to a DUP program