Training with a strained pec tendon?

derekantos

Awards
The pec tendon that is slightly towards my chest from the armpit hurts when I flex my pecs inward (like flies) and during any chest exercise really. Feel it a lot in a pushup so definitely would feel it on bench. I think it happened when I went too deep on incline flies the other day. Both pecs hurt, but mostly my left. Its not a complete tear as there isn't bruising, but I get sharp pinching pains.

Am I able to train back or arms with this issue? I have to take a week off of chest probably. Would it be too much of a risk to try to train shoulders?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Don't train anything that will involve the humerus going into horizontal flexion until there is zero discomfort. I wouldn't train upper body at all as there could be biceps tendon problems as well.

derekantos

Awards
Don't train anything that will involve the humerus going into horizontal flexion until there is zero discomfort. I wouldn't train upper body at all as there could be biceps tendon problems as well.
I already have physical therapy for patellar tendinits and chondromalacia so I can barely do any leg work. So I guess I'll take off until it feels normal again. I'm 99% sure its not a biceps tendon problem though. I don't feel any of the pain near the shoulder. Its right in the under side of the pec.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I already have physical therapy for patellar tendinits and chondromalacia so I can barely do any leg work. So I guess I'll take off until it feels normal again. I'm 99% sure its not a biceps tendon problem though. I don't feel any of the pain near the shoulder. Its right in the under side of the pec.
Sounds like pec minor.