Awards
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Legs, arms
Wednesday: Back, shoulders
Thursday: Chest
Friday: Legs, arms
Saturday: Back, shoulders
Sunday: Off

I want to try out this new split that i put together myself and i wanted to know what you guys think of it first, if anyone has some advice please feel free to help out.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Why are you compounding leg and back day?

critter11

critter11

Awards
Idk how else to set it up what do u think i shud change

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I want to try out this new split that i put together myself and i wanted to know what you guys think of it first, if anyone has some advice please feel free to help out.
Day 1: back
Day 2: chest and shoulders
Day 3: legs and arms
Day 4: rest
Repeat this over and over. Days of the week would change, but would be a good way to break it up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not a training split. What's the total volume, TUT, rep range, intensity, periodization, etc.?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 1: back
Day 2: chest and shoulders
Day 3: legs and arms
Day 4: rest
Repeat this over and over. Days of the week would change, but would be a good way to break it up.

I like this layout, it's what I'm transitioning into soon.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
That's not a training split. What's the total volume, TUT, rep range, intensity, periodization, etc.?
High volume, TUT, 10-12 rep

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Chest gets its own day? But your larger groups have to share?

What does your routine look like? What kind of volume set up?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
High volume, TUT, 10-12 rep
High volume is ambiguous. The amount of leg training I have each week would constitute high volume to most, but it's not once you graduate up to it. That's the thing that's missing from 99% of these threads: a plan of what to alter every 4-6 weeks.

jerame956

Awards
I am just starting out myself I'm at 231 5'7 just wandering how to start a routine should I lose weight first or just start with lifting

David147

Awards
Well after 72 hours your body begins to use your muscle as food, but I find what best works for me is lifting three times a week doing compound lifts. This is also coming from a beanpole who was gained 15 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks not nearly as much as i hoped for but it was probably due to me not eating that much. Anyway good luck broski, and God Bless!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well after 72 hours your body begins to use your muscle as food, but I find what best works for me is lifting three times a week doing compound lifts. This is also coming from a beanpole who was gained 15 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks not nearly as much as i hoped for but it was probably due to me not eating that much. Anyway good luck broski, and God Bless!
Ummm....what? That first part isn't true at all unless you're fasting.