AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been doing sumo deadlifts lately. When I go heavier, and use straps, I find it hard to ******* since the straps are dragging against my pants. Has anyone found something to combat that friction to make ******* easier?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lose the straps? lol

Can you move your grip inside more? I don't pull sumo, but I'm interested in whether someone has a remedy.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
hookgrip instead of straps? Or baby powder

napalm

napalm

Awards
Rodja Sean1332

These two both pull sumo. They can fix any technique issues, but you have to lose the straps dude...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ditch the straps but if they're a must-then use baby powder. I'd use baby powder either way. I use it on all top sets.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the straps are scrapping the thigh, it's mainly feedback of good technique. Baby powder won't help much here and another vote for ditching straps.

Drock1234

Awards
Sorry OP- I'm looking for advice too...

I feel asymmetrical when I pull sumo with a mix grip. I can double overhand up to 300. Beyond that I have to mix. Conventional pull with mixed doesn't feel as awkward. Just more practice?? Appreciate any input.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry OP- I'm looking for advice too...

I feel asymmetrical when I pull sumo with a mix grip. I can double overhand up to 300. Beyond that I have to mix. Conventional pull with mixed doesn't feel as awkward. Just more practice?? Appreciate any input.
Have you tried Hook grip?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to read that my technique is probably good. Sumo is still new to me. I will try mixed grip. I always get nervous of mixed grip though. That's what happens when you spend too much time on youtube and see bicep tears. I'll have to focus on keeping my underhand arm straight.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to read that my technique is probably good. Sumo is still new to me. I will try mixed grip. I always get nervous of mixed grip though. That's what happens when you spend too much time on youtube and see bicep tears. I'll have to focus on keeping my underhand arm straight.
You should be fine with mixed. Hit 500 today and there isn't an ounce of bicep pain, and this is cinch for from someone who gets bicep pain on other lifts.

Try some chalk or liquid chalk. You'll end up loving it more than straps, I promise.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should be fine with mixed. Hit 500 today and there isn't an ounce of bicep pain, and this is cinch for from someone who gets bicep pain on other lifts.

Try some chalk or liquid chalk. You'll end up loving it more than straps, I promise.
Hows that liquid chalk stuff working out for you?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hows that liquid chalk stuff working out for you?
So far, 10/10. We'll see how it does on a higher rep day. Once it dries it feels and looks identical to chalk bit with negligible transfer. No complaints and I 100% recommend it if you cannot have regular chalk.