Push Pull Legs(proposed) - am I doing it right?

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
So I have been doodling at work and rewriting my PPL program.

All I done to the original PPL program is removed some optional exercises and replaced with exercises that I actually enjoy(I put a comment whenever I do this).

A bit about me? I am 24, part viet mostly aussie and my work is in a 24/7 gym. My goal is to be in the best shape possible for my vac next year. The things that matter the most to me in life overall are my family, my friends and my health, I feel that without these things life does not have much purpose. I have a background in gymnastics and long jump when I was little.

Ok without further ado here is my version of PPL

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Standing Barbell Overhead Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Dips: 3x10-12 *I added these because I like them and I am good at them
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Romanian Deadlift: 3x5 *I will deadlift once a week only
Barbell Rows: 3x5
Assisted Chin-Ups: 3x8-10
Incline DB Curls: 4x-10-12
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Lunges: 3x8-10 *instead of leg press I want a unilateral leg exercise
Hamstring Curls: 3x10-12
Ab Wheel: 3x12
Hanging Leg Raises: Leg Raises 3x12 *I added this because I want to work on my abs more. I took out calf raises because my calfs dont respond to this.. but they like (grow) with spin class, volleyball, combat.

I like to do P/P/L/P/P/L/rest per week. That would work out simple because I can train during lunch hour then get straight back to work. So I like to keep everything under 1hr if poss. Also I have tried to keep push pull 1:2.

I would appreciate if you can give me feedback and comment based on your expereicne to help me make this my best program ever!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
you say this, "My goal is to be in the best shape possible for my vac next year." define what you mean by best shape. the more specific you can be the better. as in, do not just say to look better as that is subjective. say something like, reach a certain dress size, shed x amount of weight, reach a certain body fat, get so strong, etc.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Well by that time I would have made some gains and have cut maybe once most likely twice so 65kg @ 16-18% bf would be what I aim for. Now if I can get even better than that it would be great! that's the reason for 'best shape possible'.. I'll be doing my best, only I know whether I have done that from day to day obviously.