Critique/Improve My Schedule

Ott

Awards
I'm 17 years old, 209 pounds, ~26% body fat (that's what I've gotten from online calculators). My goal is to lose as much fat as possible, while keeping as much muscle as possible. I know this will have a lot to do with dieting, but I'm just looking at this for now.

My workout schedule will go as follow:

Sunday: Weigh-In
Monday: Strength A
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Strength B
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Strength A
Saturday: Cardio

*every week the strength days will reverse (1st week: ABA, 2nd: BAB, etc.)

Strength A: Push (5x10 each)
Chest, Triceps, Deltoids, Quadriceps, Calfs
•Barbell Bench Press
•Barbell Front Squat
•Barbell Overhead Press
•Leg Press
•Front Lateral Raise
•Tricep French Press
•Seated Calf Raises

Strength B: Pull (5x10 each)
Back, Biceps, Deltoids, Trapezius, Lower Back, Hamstrings
•T-Bar Rows
•Lat Pulldowns
•Deadlift
•Barbell Shrugs
•Power Cleans
•Side and Rear Lateral Raise
•Reverse Grip Curls

Cardio days I do 10 rounds of 40 yard hill sprints. Rest for 1 minute between each round.

I do have one question though. I plan to do fasted cardio in the morning in addition to the above program. I was thinking either LISS cardio or I've heard that yoga was a good option. What are y'all's opinions?

Thank you in advance!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Did you say yoga?

A simple 5x5 with a calorie deficit would be a great start, dont over think it...

Ott

Awards
Did you say yoga?

A simple 5x5 with a calorie deficit would be a great start, dont over think it...
Yeah, yoga. I didn't think much about it, just thought I'd ask.

And I've been doing this for a while now. I've been dieting for a month. I was originally 217. But I was wanting to see if there was something else I should try or not.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
HIIT over LSS for your goal to lose fat and keep muscle in my opinion

HIIT can benefit hypertrophy.

Routine is fine if you have tried and like it, and it challenges you. But as was said above sticking to a proven program may be better, with cardio added wherever you like

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah, yoga. I didn't think much about it, just thought I'd ask.

And I've been doing this for a while now. I've been dieting for a month. I was originally 217. But I was wanting to see if there was something else I should try or not.
Continue doing what your doing... after 8-12 weeks make changes if need be, the worst you can do is over think things... whats your TDEE?

Ott

Awards
Continue doing what your doing... after 8-12 weeks make changes if need be, the worst you can do is over think things... whats your TDEE?
I just used some calculator online. It said 2597. I've never really heard of TDEE, so not sure how accurate.

Ott

Awards
But I used a different calculator and it said 3517. So I have no idea

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
But I used a different calculator and it said 3517. So I have no idea
You will find out in a few weeks
Track your intake as close as you can
Weigh in first thing in the morning, once a week, see how you progress

blaze01

Banned
Awards
HIIT will work along with a good diet I did inanity last year and let me tell u it works and kept a lot of muscle after a bulk cycle

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Surprised no one has said anything about this yet (or maybe they have, i just skimmed the thread). But for strength B you want to prioritize cleans and deadlifts before tbar rows and lat pulldowns.

Id personally do front squats before bench on strength A days as well. But thats probably just personal preference as id rather my anterior delts be fresh to create a good rack for front squats. But like i said, up to you.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What is TDEE and how would I figure it out?
There are calculators online for an estimate

Then it takes a few weeks of close calorie tracking and weight monitoring to dial in

It is total daily energy expenditure

Also the # of. Cals needed to maintain your weight

Ott

Awards
There are calculators online for an estimate

Then it takes a few weeks of close calorie tracking and weight monitoring to dial in

It is total daily energy expenditure

Also the # of. Cals needed to maintain your weight
Alright thanks. I used two online calculators, but the gave me two completely different numbers not even close. Is there a calculator you could recommend?

Ott

Awards
Surprised no one has said anything about this yet (or maybe they have, i just skimmed the thread). But for strength B you want to prioritize cleans and deadlifts before tbar rows and lat pulldowns.

Id personally do front squats before bench on strength A days as well. But thats probably just personal preference as id rather my anterior delts be fresh to create a good rack for front squats. But like i said, up to you.
That's a good idea. My deadlifts are always starting to lose grip when I push them farther back in my workout.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Alright thanks. I used two online calculators, but the gave me two completely different numbers not even close. Is there a calculator you could recommend?
They are all different maybe try the middle.

You may have an idea from your current intake and progress

Ott

Awards
They are all different maybe try the middle.

You may have an idea from your current intake and progress
No clue actually. I haven't been as strict on my diet as I should/could be.
I eat lunch at my high school, so it gets hard to count calories and macros.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No clue actually. I haven't been as strict on my diet as I should/could be. I eat lunch at my high school, so it gets hard to count calories and macros.
Ok well do your best, packing a lunch is ideal

Track for a week and check the weight difference,
Even PM me if you need help with it

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
You mentioned it earlier. I would advise yoga actually - or some form of stretching practice - but yoga has good flow and has stood the test of time. I noticed when I started going really heavy and adding mass that my body became very tight and injury prone because everything was under so much tension. It's helped me come a long way in my training because I recover faster and can hit a better range of motion with less tightness

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
dapack Powerlifting/Strongman 7
Anabolics 27
-MVP- Training Forum 5
Training Forum 0