AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started doing hyperextensions the past few weeks to finish off my leg days. I decided to try them banded today, with the band around the base and then around my neck...I cannot remember the last time my hamstrings were that pumped. Give these a try if you have bands!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love / hate doing Romanian deads and good mornings but they give me an amazing hammie pump. ??

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its hard to get a pump going in your hammies. Haven't done hypers in years. Thought they were more of a lower back movement.
Depends where you set the pad up and how you perform them. The band definitely made me feel it more in my hammies though.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where did you place the pad?
The lowest possible setting. Also, you do not want to bend at the back, think about using your hips as you would in a good morning and sldl/rdl

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The lowest possible setting. Also, you do not want to bend at the back, think about using your hips as you would in a good morning and sldl/rdl
I do the lowest, too. At first I thought it was cheating but then I said F it, it felt a lot better for me.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Banded hypers are awesome. I also like to do it with a standard barbell. That'll give a good ham/glute pump too.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Banded hypers are awesome. I also like to do it with a standard barbell. That'll give a good ham/glute pump too.
I might do this too instead of using a plate. I feel like using a plate and holding it in front of me makes me use more back.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might do this too instead of using a plate. I feel like using a plate and holding it in front of me makes me use more back.
I think I stole this from Pete Rubbish. Not sure, but yeah, less back and you can hold more than 45#.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RegisterJr How do you get into position with the barbell?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr How do you get into position with the barbell?
Set it on the floor, then lean down and grab it when I'm on the hyper pad.

Is yours too tall for that?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Set it on the floor, then lean down and grab it when I'm on the hyper pad.

Is yours too tall for that?
Shouldn't be. I was going to use one of those pre weighed barbells to start off. With lighter weight though, it shouldn't be an issue to bend over and kind clean it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shouldn't be. I was going to use one of those pre weighed barbells to start off. With lighter weight though, it shouldn't be an issue to bend over and kind clean it.
I use those too. Let me know how you like them.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh, I couldn't bend over and pinch my shoulder blades together to use the barbell. I'm sure it can be done, I just need to get the technique down. I'm going to look for a video as lame as it sounds.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, I couldn't bend over and pinch my shoulder blades together to use the barbell. I'm sure it can be done, I just need to get the technique down. I'm going to look for a video as lame as it sounds.
This is how I do them, but not that light or with straps. Lol

http://youtu.be/s6tdAthZpdI

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotcha now! I thought you were putting the bar on your back like a good morning/extension hybrid
Oh no. That's another way to do it, but I think more back would be used.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Gotcha now! I thought you were putting the bar on your back like a good morning/extension hybrid
[video=youtube;6Gig59Di8AQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gig59Di8AQ[/video]

like this? it's what I do. Starts @29s

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
U'll try that, I think it would be easier on the GHR, which I do not have.