Training and Traveling

DangerBrain

Awards
I have to travel for work a couple times a year for anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks at a time. With my schedule I'm limited to whatever the hotel has for a "fitness center" at least during the week. This is what I have to work with for the next two months.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1428875999.816677.jpg

So how do you train while away from home? Do you maintain your normal split or do more full body type workouts? How do you compensate for lack of equipment/weight? Especially for legs.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You could still do your normal split. You'll just have to find two or three exercises for each muscle group and do tons of sets and reps to get in a good workout. Like for legs you'll probably have to do a lot of DB stuff. So like DB lunges, goblet squats, DB front squat for high reps.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, look into more high rep stuff if they only have lighter weights. If I travel it's usually for just a week so I treat it as a deload and just kinda take it easy and do lots of cardio

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are gone for that length of time, I have found that most local gyms will work with you on a month to month basis with the knowledge that you are temporarily there. Outside of that, you have DBs which can be used for a multitude of things, a rope, and cable system. You can make this set up work fairly well, but it may get boring, so I would recommend checking out the local spots.

max d

Awards
  • Established
I can spot a hilton property gym anywhere. I travel a lot too and still lift 5xweek (hitting each body part twice). If I'm at a place for a while I get a month pass which is usually under 50. If I'm in a town for a whole week I spot a local gym and get a week trial pass. Down side is u have to bullsh!t the for 10 min. If I'm gone a couple days or don't feel like fast talking anyone for a free week I usually get my heavy lifts on the weekend at home... Squat, deads, bench etc. During the week I can get 3 days high volume "pump" work in. Youu have to be creative for legs but I found u can do front squats and straight leg deads (I usually get on the bench which is a lil sketchy) in the cable machine. I also do intervals (30 second light and 30 second heavy resistance) on the bike. Burns the heck out of ur quads. Good luck man and keep collecting those hilton points! Ha

max d

Awards
  • Established
Almost forgot a staple to my hotel leg day... Sprints outside!