"The Triangle"?

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
What's up boys. Just a quick survey: what exercises do you guys do to get that explosive back triangle? Been doing a lot of t bar rows and close grip lat pulls...still having a hard ass time getting that explosive triangle. Any tips?

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
heavy deads and heavy rows king of all that is back

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Width vs thickness are two different approach. Pullups are best for width, rows for thickness. I dnt find deads that stimulating for back growth. I use deads for my hams/glutes.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'm saying that because I really have to pound my back to feel the stimulation. My lower back would give out first before I can feel anything on my uppers.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't really feel like any movement eill give you a specific "shape" Id focus on movements that you can get a good mind/muscle connection from. Vary the frequency/intensity/and volume of your lift.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
i tend to feel sumo deads more in my back than conv. but i really like heavy bent over bb rows over all for my back.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Width vs thickness are two different approach. Pullups are best for width, rows for thickness. I dnt find deads that stimulating for back growth. I use deads for my hams/glutes.
Rack pulls will allow you to put nore weight on and focus on your back more. I highly reccommend them for backdays, especially if you do deads already. Also as mentioned heavy rows, t bar, bent over, and pendalay rows, weighted pull ups. Also make sure your squezing eoth your back and not using biceps and other mucscles to power thru it.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Snatch Grip Rack Pulls for a while now and I like them a lot.

I also think using a thumbless grip on all row, pullup, and pulldown movements helps feel the lats.

JSNeves

JSNeves

Awards
First you need to figure out which muscles you need to bring up and then figure out how to target them... people throwing out what exercises work for them can and likely does have no implications for you

For example DB rows hit my lats more then any other back movement due to my personal leverages... but most people would suggest a verticale pull to hit the lats...

And to get the sick Christmas Tree on your back you need to be shreaded!