My routine

Tommyblifts

Awards
Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions on my routine. First off I am 6' 260lbs. I workout 6 days a week and I currently have it broken down into day 1 back/bi, day 2 shoulders, day 3 chest/tri day 4 legs. I also do 15 min cardio pre lifting and usually a set of abs. I usually eat carbs before my workout but my diet is not the best. Does anyone have any good tips on food that's easy if you are on the go a lot that would be great. Any input is always a help. Thanks

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions on my routine. First off I am 6' 260lbs. I workout 6 days a week and I currently have it broken down into day 1 back/bi, day 2 shoulders, day 3 chest/tri day 4 legs. I also do 15 min cardio pre lifting and usually a set of abs. I usually eat carbs before my workout but my diet is not the best. Does anyone have any good tips on food that's easy if you are on the go a lot that would be great. Any input is always a help. Thanks
Will you have a microwave available when you're on the go a lot?

Usually before I work out I slam a couple pop tarts and a banana. That's a lot of carbs, and pretty easy to bring with you anywhere. As far as other meals go for being on the go, I'd cook some meat the night before(chicken, fish, or beef) and throw together a salad in a couple Tupperware containers with the meat and eat those when you can. Spaghetti and meat is also something that's great to take virtually anywhere, but then again that's all if you have a microwave. Without one, I'd have to say protein bars and a bunch of different granola recipes would become your best friend.

Tommyblifts

Awards
I usually have access to a microwave. Yeah I do cook a lot of meat just trying to come up with other ideas. Pop tarts is a great idea.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
I usually have access to a microwave. Yeah I do cook a lot of meat just trying to come up with other ideas. Pop tarts is a great idea.
Pop tarts are wonderful for preworkout carbs, man. Usually what my meals are like are things like this-

1/2lb beef
Two tortillas
Peach mango salsa

Spinach
1/4lb beef
Low fat cheese

Spaghetti noodles
1/4lb beef
Tomato sauce

Things like that. I like beef, it's really the only meat I don't get tired of and I buy it lean(96/4), so there isn't much fat in there. Those meals are easy for me on the go- I cook them the night before, toss them in a plastic container, and heat them up for a minute or so and I'm good.

Tommyblifts

Awards
Ok yeah. I eat a lot of chicken and ground turkey. I just need to cook more at night. I am just curious what are your stats? I try to stay away from pasta but I do eat rice alot with dinner. Carbs either way I guess.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would suggest not training shoulders and chest back to back. Maybe try doing your back/bi's as usual but switching shoulders for chest, legs, and then shoulders the day after legs. Chest is a larger group of muscles and you want them to be fresh. Doing shoulders the day before chest might hinder your progress on chest as well. I have also combined chest/shoulders on the same day, since they're both involved in pressing exercises. (Obviously doing chest work before shoulder work) If you decided to do that, you could just do arms separately, the day after legs.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Ok yeah. I eat a lot of chicken and ground turkey. I just need to cook more at night. I am just curious what are your stats? I try to stay away from pasta but I do eat rice alot with dinner. Carbs either way I guess.
Cooking at night really just helps me to stay on schedule, I'm on the go a lot as well. I'm 5'5", 185lbs and 12% BF according to the calipers. 305 bench, 500 deadlift, 405 squat and 185 overhead press, 21 years old

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can't go wrong with peanut butter, good protein, fats, and carbs in an easy to carry jar. I keep pb with me at all times, that and whole milk

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cooking at night really just helps me to stay on schedule, I'm on the go a lot as well. I'm 5'5", 185lbs and 12% BF according to the calipers. 305 bench, 500 deadlift, 405 squat and 185 overhead press, 21 years old
you're a beast!

Tommyblifts

Awards
Pb is always good. Cant go wrong. Those are legit #s. Keep smashing man

jerisonross

jerisonross

Awards
Sounds like you have a really solid build man. So your training routine looks good as far as structure, but im not sure how intense you are.

Also, I would recommend gaining some background knowledge on the "carb-backloading" technique. Basically you eat all of your carbs post workout, essentially starving your body of carbohydrates all day until it can actually utilize them. This technique is widely used by the pros and would greatly reduce your BF percentage over time. I would also recommend doing your cardio post workout. In my personal opinion, glycogen reserves are best spent on heavy weight.

Also, I order my chicken cooked, and portioned from a website in bulk to store in my freezer. Saves so much time.

Tommyblifts

Awards
I am pretty intense on my workouts. I need to try the carb backloading, I had heard of it but was not sure what it was. Thanks for the advise.

jerisonross

jerisonross

Awards
Glad to help! If you have more questions feel free to inbox me.