Non dominant shoulder sloping down!!

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
I have noticed that my right shoulder witch Is my dominant is higher then my left and my left slopes downward and seems longer...

Weirdly though my left shoulder raises higher then the right when doing DB Curls as well as pulls forward more then my right when doing preacher curls......

As you all know I had back surgery so I've had X-rays and all that jazz done and do not have a mild form of scoliosis...

So my question is any ideas on fixing it? Here are some of my thoughts I've had on it and fixes I've read or come think on....

Even with my left not being dominant I shoot pool with it drive with it and sleep on it so I have started doing all the above with my right...
Also there's a possibility my posture is off due to the many years I spent walking with a gape and weirdly due to my back problems..
When in 8th grade I broke my right wrist in half on the growth line but It was set and looked at within hours professionally at the hospital so I was assured it would not affect my right arm growth...
Possibly a nuro muscular imbalance caused by the atlas the first vertebrae being out of whack and interfering with the signals sent to my left side...
Or it's just simply my right being my dominant side is tighter and has a better contraction due to a better subconscious nerve/muscle connection?

Any thoughts or critiques to my possible explanation please I would love to hear!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It could be an issue with your hips. Possibly a posterior and anterior tilt on opposing sides. It would cause one side of your hips to be higher than the other. Thats would throw your shoulders off. But it would show on xrays.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Hips are a true story.you could have a leg slightly longer than the other as well throwing you off

Gh0st3ml0c

Gh0st3ml0c

Awards
I'll look into it for sure guys because for about 6 years i I walked crooked and using funny gaits until finally I broke down and had to have surgery so all that seems plausible.