Workout Question

Johnson3434

Johnson3434

Awards
I am 15... i am 5 foot 9 150lbs... i started working out last year and weighed 110... i put on 40lbs in a little over a year... now i cant seem to get significantly past the 150 mark i havent gained weight in over a month... i eat 2500 calories a day and train 6 days a week... tris and chest... biceps and back... then legs... do i need to change up my workout routine or just be more patient when trying to gain weight.. im still making strength gains

wags81

Awards
If you can't up your weight on 2500 cal, up it to 3000. Just keep eating .

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you are still gaining strength those cals are heading to the right places

Try a jump to 2800 and reassess

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are still gaining strength those cals are heading to the right places

Try a jump to 2800 and reassess
I believe this to be right on!

Johnson3434

Johnson3434

Awards
I have a hard time eating what i do now but i will up it... thank you for your replies

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a hard time eating what i do now but i will up it... thank you for your replies
Shakes are great. It is easier to drink 300 calories than eat it. Real food is preferred but not always possible. You could also try adding some calorie dense foods to your diet. Avocados, Coconut Oil etc.

Johnson3434

Johnson3434

Awards
Shakes are great. It is easier to drink 300 calories than eat it. Real food is preferred but not always possible. You could also try adding some calorie dense foods to your diet. Avocados, Coconut Oil etc.

After my workout i drink a 600 calorie shake with my meal... i also get 25g of casein before bed..

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established

After my workout i drink a 600 calorie shake with my meal... i also get 25g of casein before bed..
Just try tweaking the meals you already have in place by adding a few calories to each. It sounds like you probably have a decent base to go off of.
For instance, instead of spending the money of casein protein, eat a cup of cottage cheese, tbsp of natty pb and I like to add a dash of sugar free pudding powder, whey would work well too.
28g protein and a few more calories than a shake.

Like others have said, shakes between meals are easy calories too, but I try to eat as much whole food as possible.

Johnson3434

Johnson3434

Awards
Just try tweaking the meals you already have in place by adding a few calories to each. It sounds like you probably have a decent base to go off of.
For instance, instead of spending the money of casein protein, eat a cup of cottage cheese, tbsp of natty pb and I like to add a dash of sugar free pudding powder, whey would work well too.
28g protein and a few more calories than a shake.

Like others have said, shakes between meals are easy calories too, but I try to eat as much whole food as possible.
Yeah i try to get as much as i can from meals... i know they are better than just shakes... i am going to add and change up my meals... thank you for your help

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Six days a week is a lot of time in the gym. I remember being 15 trying to grow and hating the idea of spending less time in the gym, but sometimes a little more rest does you more good than a little more work. Up your calories, maybe add in 15-20 minutes of cardio 3x a week to stimulate your appetite and keep grinding!