My girlfriend broke her wrist 2 months ago and....

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Me and my new GF, we started to train 4 months ago, everything was perfect! she motivated me and I motivated her so everything was great until she broke her wrist while climbing a fkn chair (she was decorating her house :( .... ) ...... she had to quit the gym obviously, and now she is almost recovered, the doctor just removed the splint, she says it still hurts when she moves it but its way better...... the thing is that she wants to go to the gym with me again ASAP but I am concerned about her wrist, she said that she wants to train with exercises that wont require too much effort from her wrist, I have a workout plan but I am unsure, any advice???? she insist and I cannot change her mind, she wants to start tomorrow actually, can exercise help her to recver faster? If so, what type of exercises do you suggest? I guess all leg and abs are g2g right?........... help please!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She needs to start really light. I did the same thing and ended up having 4 pins and 4 screws in my wrist/hand.

For months I started every workout with gently moving my wrist around with the opposite hand and trying to increase the ROM, slightly adding pressure... I'd also do some DB forearm curls (LIGHT), just to strengthen it up.

I'd also recommend she start with machines on upper body, so that her wrist isn't really needed to stabilize.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She should be seeing a physical therapist if her wrist was immobile for four months. At the very least go to a consult so they can recommend where to start.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea machines are a lot smoother and less likely to hurt her wrist so i would second that post above that she start with machines and light.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I'm going through the same myself, back squats hurt my risk, all biceps, and presses lol

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Just cut all ties with her. She's going to make you lose your gainzz man.. Haha jk

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
She needs to see a PT or an OT for wrist strengthening and PROM in the beginning