Body weight programs

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
looking for some new ideas on push up and pull up programs. I've got an agility test I'm training for this summer and wanted to see if there are any new ideas out there that I have not heard of.

I've spent several years in the military and have worked with many styles of pyramids, weighted push-ups, changing stances etc.

Right now stats are probably 50 push ups 60secs
Pull ups- 20ish

looking for something to plug in with weight training

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would incorporate a weight vest. It distributes more evenly than a dip belt, and can be used for pushups and even running. Also I like to hold a db between my feet for pullups, do max reps and then drop it and burn out with just body weight. As mentioned above definitely do different grips and hand positions, also elevate your feet on pushups to further activate your upper chest and core. Eventually work your way up to handstand pushups and muscle ups on the bar.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can also do explosive pull and push ups, incorporate claps etc. You can add burpees in between for cardio, i love this.

Warthog13

Awards
In lieu of a weight vest, I use my old college backpack (I used to carry books around - back when college kids used books haha) and just put a plate or two in it. Works great for weighted dips and pulls/chins.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
bodyweightculture.com has lots of workouts.

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
I would incorporate a weight vest. It distributes more evenly than a dip belt, and can be used for pushups and even running. Also I like to hold a db between my feet for pullups, do max reps and then drop it and burn out with just body weight. As mentioned above definitely do different grips and hand positions, also elevate your feet on pushups to further activate your upper chest and core. Eventually work your way up to handstand pushups and muscle ups on the bar.
I'd love a weight vest, it's something I've had on my "to buy" list for awhile. Elevated is something i could definitely incorporate more of. I was reading some articles on using pyramids and failure days all in the same week and spread out, never incorporated push-ups in their own routine.

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
In lieu of a weight vest, I use my old college backpack (I used to carry books around - back when college kids used books haha) and just put a plate or two in it. Works great for weighted dips and pulls/chins.
That's not a bad idea, especially for weighted push ups when it's tough stacking a plate on your back.

Anyone ever think you were stealing plates? Haha

Warthog13

Awards
That's not a bad idea, especially for weighted push ups when it's tough stacking a plate on your back.

Anyone ever think you were stealing plates? Haha
Y'know, I've thought about that...which is why I only use it at home!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I found their fb page but the link says the page has been suspended
aww man it is. :(

try rosstraining.com and beastskills.com

and i did go to the sites first lol, they are live.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
This is my body weight regimen while I travel.
3 sets of girlfriend push-ups
3 sets of girlfriend squats
3 sets of handstand push-ups (get her to push on your feet)
3 sets of pull ups (get her to pull on your ankles)

Obviously it requires a girlfriend. Or a good bro you can trust for #nohomo This will keep your body in lifting mode for travels

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Check out Al Kavadlo. He has amazing bw workouts.

Warthog13

Awards
This is my body weight regimen while I travel.
3 sets of girlfriend push-ups
3 sets of girlfriend squats
3 sets of handstand push-ups (get her to push on your feet)
3 sets of pull ups (get her to pull on your ankles)

Obviously it requires a girlfriend. Or a good bro you can trust for #nohomo This will keep your body in lifting mode for travels
While bulking, do you dump your skinny girlfriend for a heavier one? :lol:

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
While bulking, do you dump your skinny girlfriend for a heavier one? :lol:
Hell no - have you seen the size of the bags sloots carry these days. I get her to load one up with 5lb dumbbells. It's actually great for intensity - if I'm feeling really amped I'll get her to start tossing them out on my 12th rep and turn it into a badass drop set!

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
Hell no - have you seen the size of the bags sloots carry these days. I get her to load one up with 5lb dumbbells. It's actually great for intensity - if I'm feeling really amped I'll get her to start tossing them out on my 12th rep and turn it into a badass drop set!
Haha the best part is you're probably telling the truth.
That's motivation!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
aww man it is. :(

try rosstraining.com and beastskills.com

and i did go to the sites first lol, they are live.
First thing I thought of was Ross too. Never heard of beast skills though, will check them out