Runners Sock

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curious if anyone has any severe heel pain and if you have ever tried this? I am an interesting case. Multiple problems with my foot but heel is problem 2. Heel pain under, behind and above...lol....complications from surgery and dont want to do surgery again

Warthog13

Awards
I'm not sure how severe your severe is (probably more than what I've experienced since I've never needed surgery) but I've all kinds of minor foot and shin problems due to overpronation.

I absolutely SWEAR by Pinnacle Powerstep Inserts . I run about 20-25 miles per week (and more as I approach a Half or Full marathon) and heel pain is my indicator that I need new inserts. It might be *your* indicator that you're not getting enough heel support.

As for runner-specific socks, I've never heard of them being used for pain relief. I use the "Feetures" socks for my longer runs in order to keep blisters to a minimum but can't see them helping/relieving pain.

I hope that helps (some).

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Curious if anyone has any severe heel pain and if you have ever tried this? I am an interesting case. Multiple problems with my foot but heel is problem 2. Heel pain under, behind and above...lol....complications from surgery and dont want to do surgery again
Were is the pain exactly?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure how severe your severe is (probably more than what I've experienced since I've never needed surgery) but I've all kinds of minor foot and shin problems due to overpronation. I absolutely SWEAR by Pinnacle Powerstep Inserts . I run about 20-25 miles per week (and more as I approach a Half or Full marathon) and heel pain is my indicator that I need new inserts. It might be *your* indicator that you're not getting enough heel support. As for runner-specific socks, I've never heard of them being used for pain relief. I use the "Feetures" socks for my longer runs in order to keep blisters to a minimum but can't see them helping/relieving pain. I hope that helps (some).
It's a sock that you wear to bed.

I will look into those inserts. Dr. Scholls any good?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Were is the pain exactly?
It's everywhere! I am a mess man!!! Haha

Have a big spur right in the back that regrew 3 months free surgery.

Behind, under and where they put in metal clips to reattach my tendon is where it all hurts. Dr. Wants to go in and shave it off again. It's a different dr than the original. Screw that though.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
It's everywhere! I am a mess man!!! Haha Have a big spur right in the back that regrew 3 months free surgery. Behind, under and where they put in metal clips to reattach my tendon is where it all hurts. Dr. Wants to go in and shave it off again. It's a different dr than the original. Screw that though.
If it has grew back, i doubt a insole or certain shoe would help. I would go see the doc about i before it gets way out of hand!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it has grew back, i doubt a insole or certain shoe would help. I would go see the doc about i before it gets way out of hand!
I had them check it out, got an MRI for the ankle and checked heel as well. I will attach a photo of my ankle. It's pretty bad for being only 30...lol...like I said I am a mess!!

My back is alright. Feels pretty good but don't squat and deadlift as heavy as much and often anymore. I switched to Hex Bar deadlift for awhile and that has also helped.

Attachments

Warthog13

Awards
It's a sock that you wear to bed.

I will look into those inserts. Dr. Scholls any good?
I didn't like Dr. Scholls - but that's just me.

I didn't know we're talking spur - that's pretty significant and natty's right, probably beyond what any sock or insert can help with unfortunately. A spur is a serious structural issue and - if it were me - I would speak to an orthopedist about it. Sorry I didn't realize the extent of the problem. Best of luck to you.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya m bad, should have clarified. Just looking to attempt to alleviate pain in some areas.l so it only hurts in certain places rather than different places every day...and just wants to see if anyone else had experiences with The Runners Sock. Willing to try anything and will look I to those insoles.

PILL

Awards
Have you considered changing your running form? A running style that places the impact closer to the front of your foot might help.

The only reason we run with so much heel impact is because that is how running shoes are made. Before shoes man ran way differently.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you considered changing your running form? A running style that places the impact closer to the front of your foot might help. The only reason we run with so much heel impact is because that is how running shoes are made. Before shoes man ran way differently.
I am not a runner...lol...that's just what the thing is called.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My buddy finally went back to work after 26 months off after he stepped in a hole and partially tore his achilles. 2 or 3 surgeries later, he's back as a mail carrier, but says it still bothers him. He's been in a cast or boot for 80% of that time, luckily it was workers comp. Don't have anything to help, but will mention those insoles to him.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I'd talk to an ortho doc, as conservative treatment a custom orthotic can help with the protected WBing, also stretching, and some combination of Astym or deep friction massage.