No machine chest routine

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I'll chop this story down to the basics, got sick last year for months and lost nearly all my muscle mass. Got back in the gym started doing good again, moved to another state, new gym has no machines for chest except a fly machine that's decent. So my chest really never came back. I don't use machines for many body parts but my chest growth was crazy using a routine I never really changed at my old gym and most of the things I did where on the machines.
Can any of you help me out here? I still have a LONG way to go before I'm comfortable with my body again but everything is making good progress week to week except my chest.

image-286306194.jpg

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I suppose I ought to tell you what I've been doing: flat bench first after I warm my shoulders up- usually 3-4 sets of 8-14, incline bench press 3-4 sets of 6-10 aimed high and touching my chest, push-ups 2 sets of 30, and then machine flys 4-5 sets of 6-10. I'm usually struggling by the time I end my workout and have trouble catching my breath. Intensity is there but do I need to ramp up the volume or hit it twice a week? Need some opinions

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Have you tried super sets with db flys (incline, flat and decline)? What about db presses instead of bb presses?

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried super sets with db flys (incline, flat and decline)? What about db presses instead of bb presses?
what's weird is that my BB bench press never really has come back. I'm doing 135 for my warm up and then going up to 180-190lbs for about 8 reps on a good day when I use to be doing 210. Now my DB presses are just as good now. I did 100lb DB two weeks ago on a good day and got 6 full ROM reps but I'll usually do 85lb DB's for 10 reps on my last set.
To answer your question though I don't superset on my chest. Can't really give you a reason why honestly I just never really have except when I do arms or shoulder work and sometimes leg stuff.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
what's weird is that my BB bench press never really has come back. I'm doing 135 for my warm up and then going up to 180-190lbs for about 8 reps on a good day when I use to be doing 210. Now my DB presses are just as good now. I did 100lb DB two weeks ago on a good day and got 6 full ROM reps but I'll usually do 85lb DB's for 10 reps on my last set. To answer your question though I don't superset on my chest. Can't really give you a reason why honestly I just never really have except when I do arms or shoulder work and sometimes leg stuff.
Try adding in some flys as super sets with you bb bench presses. Mix things up with bb and db. Look at some of the things people do in the workouts posted in workout logs.