one hard set to failure per body part vs 6 sets per body p

roiddistro

Banned
Awards
Is one hard set to failure (h.i.t) per body part 3 times a week Vs upper body (6sets per body part ) twice a week and lower body 6 sets twice a week .

Which one would be more effective for gains ?

Seem to get similar results from both,what do you all think ?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd do the 6 sets per body part twice a week if you're trying to build muscle. There's a lot of workouts out there for building muscle you just have to pick one and stick with it. Then for building muscle you're going to want to find the right rep range for building, the right rest periods etc. And diet has to be on key and supplementation. What does your supplement intake look liek?

roiddistro

Banned
Awards
6 sets of 8 Bros ,all is on point calorie surplus I'm just curious

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had great results on a program that was full body-basically had 1wu set and a triple dropset each to failure (in the 8-10 rep range) for each muscle group 3x's a week. There are many proven programs out there though! Just have to find what works for you! If nutrition is in check and you're training hard you will start seeing results!

mistermike79

mistermike79

Awards
op-There are charts out there for Strength - hypertrophy- and endurance gains. the tell you the rep range to stick with.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm having great results working out twice a week, each workout focusing on movement planes, 5x5. I love it. Still leaves me plenty of time for my wife, kids, job, etc.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
HIT is less effective plain and simple when it comes to resistance training

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i think this is majoring in the minors. the day to day stuff kills most people when they really need to pay attention to the week to week or month to month work loads.

1 set or 10 sets, or everyday workouts or 1 day a week workouts can all give you the same workload over a span of a month. remember intensity, frequency, and volume are all related and help to make up a workload. you adjust one and the others need to be adjusted which balances out in the long run.

do one of them, do it hard, rest hard, eat hard, believe in it, enjoy the gains. do it for several months. then switch to the other, i bet you will see gains as long as you work as hard, eat as hard, rest as hard, and believe in it. after a few months switch back, i bet you will see gains. the point is, they all work if you work the programs.

roiddistro

Banned
Awards
Just did 1 work set and one dropset per body part one day latter can't move :L