Hitting on girls at the gym do ' s and don'ts

FitnessLuke

Awards
Okay so I want a gym girl because fitness is just too a part of my lifestyle to not date a gym girl. However, I don't want to be that creepy guy. How to start up conversations with hotties without being "that guy". Oh and this is going to come off way cocky, but I'm not a bad looking dude either if that helps. Body wise I'm pretty built and very vascular when working out. So maybe that helps when approaching those hardcore gym girls

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Okay so I want a gym girl because fitness is just too a part of my lifestyle to not date a gym girl. However, I don't want to be that creepy guy. How to start up conversations with hotties without being "that guy". Oh and this is going to come off way cocky, but I'm not a bad looking dude either if that helps. Body wise I'm pretty built and very vascular when working out. So maybe that helps when approaching those hardcore gym girls
just walk into the girls locker room like "oh, oops, I thought this was the guys room". Then show them your junk. Works every time

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
I'll put my input here.. Don't be that guy. If you need to use the gym as a primary source to meet chicks you're doing it all wrong. Not sure of your age but get out there and do your thing and if your personality and physical appearances are any good you'll attract women. When I catch a chick staring in the gym, I give her a smirk and continue my lift. Don't look like that thirsty guy. The best is when you see a girl outside the gym in a bar or other place and she notices you. That is when you make a move! But half the time girls don't want dudes coming up to them asking them out. Although there are a few girls in the gym looking to do just that, those girls aren't worth your time. If anything say what's up and continue what you came their for in the first place. Now, if a girl does spark a convo with you I usually grab her number and say I'll give you a call later as I want to finish my workout. It'll keep her on edge all night.

Do's: Lift heavy, be alpha, act oblivious to their existence.

Don't: Offer a spot, gawk, or get too far off topic of the gym if you somehow end up talking to them for whatever reason.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I'll put my input here.. Don't be that guy. If you need to use the gym as a primary source to meet chicks you're doing it all wrong. Not sure of your age but get out there and do your thing and if your personality and physical appearances are any good you'll attract women. When I catch a chick staring in the gym, I give her a smirk and continue my lift. Don't look like that thirsty guy. The best is when you see a girl outside the gym in a bar or other place and she notices you. That is when you make a move! But half the time girls don't want dudes coming up to them asking them out. Although there are a few girls in the gym looking to do just that, those girls aren't worth your time. If anything say what's up and continue what you came their for in the first place. Now, if a girl does spark a convo with you I usually grab her number and say I'll give you a call later as I want to finish my workout. It'll keep her on edge all night. Do's: Lift heavy, be alpha, act oblivious to their existence. Don't: Offer a spot, gawk, or get too far off topic of the gym if you somehow end up talking to them for whatever reason.
My philosophy precisely, good ****

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
From the man that started TheMovement, and became a Demigod heres my advice (dont mind the first part lol)

Just be yourself, "acting" like an Alpha will lead to you to heartbreak in no time. Don't puff your chest out but don't be a total wuss either. Have a presence thats noticeable but not arrogant. Carry yourself respectfully and don't be afraid to smile and keep going, I repeat KEEP GOING lol.

Dos:
1) Smile but not like a shark
2) Actually knowing what your doing, no made up ****
3) Actually have purpose its obvious who goes to the gym for social hour
4) If you look good show it, make sure you know you feel good as well
5) Dont be afraid to approach her before or after her workout.
6) If she needs a spot keep your nutz 6inches away. Its a simple adjustment that goes a long way.

Donts:
1) Dont smell like AZZ, you dont need AXE body spray but use ya head
2) Dont watch her squat, EVER!
3) Dont come off as a cocky fool, no girl likes cockiness over confidence
4) Dont offer your number, always ask for hers
5) Dont ovethink the purpose, if you want to talk to her, then nut up and do it. Then keep it moving

Best of luck man im pretty sure I could do this all day lol

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Step 1: ask her to spot you on bench
Step 2: adjust your self on bench but make it seem like you are having trouble with keeping your butt down.
Step 3: have her sit on your lap because physics states that a force must be stopped by its equal.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: profit

FitnessLuke

Awards
So I'm getting two conflicting answers. I understand the gym isn't social hour, but grabbing a number real quick doesn't take too much time. Also I go to the rec center at my college, so it's like all college girls if that makes a difference

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
Well..you're looking for a wife in the gym.. Do you really want to date a chick that works out at the same gym you do? Or do you just want a slap and pickle? There's no way in hell I would ever date a girl at my gym. That is suicide. But hey, I can only tell you what I do/don't. Do whatever you feel is necessary. But let me forewarn you, the moment you become a creep to one girl in the gym..chances are she will spread that info faster than herpes at a swinger party. So just make sure you know what you may or may not possibly be signing up for. I'm at a new gym and have not made any moves towards a single girl because you have to choose wisely. It's not easy sleeping with the entire flock when they all fly together.

In conclusion, see my initial post.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ArmstrongBrah and TheMovement have it right. Think about it a second. If the girl is a serious fitness girl like you say you want, she's there at the gym to specifically accomplish something. She's not hanging out or looking for a conversation - if she is, she's not the kind of girl you say you want. So just be yourself there at the gym and do your thing. But.... even at a pretty large college, i'm sure you occasionally see some of the girls outside the gym. So keep your eye out for the ones you see in the gym elsewhere, and chat them up there "say didn't I see you in the gym yesterday afternoon?" or such. The only other good option is to talk to ones you happen to see going into the gym or coming out as you're entering or leaving.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good advice in here. It actually makes me uncomfortable to see guys attempting to hit on girls in the gym because it is blatantly obvious that it isn't the right place and the women just are making nice until they can escape. Luckily it doesn't happen much, but it is a car wreck situation when it does because I just have to watch it go down.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Add them on myspace and attach a dick pic.. If she talks back you're in... It gives you a true 100% with u or 100% not ever gonna talk to u guarantee ;)

Sens55

Awards
I've been married 18 years. I can say this with absolute confidence. If you're looking for a girl for a relationship (not just a roll in the hay), then be yourself. PERIOD. Act like something you aren't, you'll attract the wrong girl for the wrong reasons. And it'll end messy. EVERY TIME.

Like others, I wouldn't want my wife working out at my gym (she does, just at other time) because the gym is my sanctuary. I go there to get away from her and the kids (nothing wrong w/ the marriage, but EVERYONE needs their space, and the gym is mine).

But even now, I talk to girls (and guys) in the gym all the time. Be genuine. If they are lifting next to you and knock it out, tell the the same thing you'd tell a bro. "Nice lift". "Good work" whatever. Don't dwell on it. Just act like they're "one of the guys". I actually am friends with a lot of the "hot chicks" at the gym (I'm married, so I'm safe). It's funny watching the younger guys puff up like peacocks when these girls are around. Trust me. They notice. And most aren't turned on.

And the advice on the being Alpha. If you're an Alpha, you don't need to show it. Everyone will know. If you're not, well, they'll know that too.

I do know 2 couples that manage to workout together and be ripped without the guy having to "slow down" his workouts. BUT, they mostly come together but lift separate.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
Haha yeah my comment on alpha was "be alpha" don't "act alpha". Girls smell a fake a mile away!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
If you're going to the gym to find bitches, the closest one you'll find is in the mirror.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't try and put effort into pickup at the gym. Just focus on being the most aesthetic bro at your gym and I guarantee you shall be mirin and asking about you.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
You're all wrong, dick pics bros, dick picks and ab pics. Send them while your curling and she'll look over at you from across the gym, then give her the nod.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
You're all wrong, dick pics bros, dick picks and ab pics. Send them while your curling and she'll look over at you from across the gym, then give her the nod.
Should I be stiff or flaccid in the picture? I don't want to scare the girl... but then I don't want to seem like I can't come to the party, ya know? ;)

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Should I be stiff or flaccid in the picture? I don't want to scare the girl... but then I don't want to seem like I can't come to the party, ya know? ;)
half chub..

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
half chub..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
it all depends if you're a grower or a shower. If you can get away with totally flaccid and still impress, that'll just leave her wanting more

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
it all depends if you're a grower or a shower. If you can get away with totally flaccid and still impress, that'll just leave her wanting more
Ahhhh, leave a little to the imagination. Good idea.

Now, last question, I promise; do I just let it just dangle in the breeze or would some penis-puppetry show her I'm also creative and willing to experiment?

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Girls point of view:

Hot or not, don't hit on us at the gym. We don't like to be bothered just as much as guys. We're not snooty (most of us), but we just want to get in and get out. Smile at us, make eye contact; flirt using those two things for a few days, even weeks before approaching us.

I did this for a long time with a guy at my old gym. It was like oooooh, look who's training today! We just kinda made eye contact from afar. It's exciting, especially watching him minding his own business and training hard.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ahhhh, leave a little to the imagination. Good idea.

Now, last question, I promise; do I just let it just dangle in the breeze or would some penis-puppetry show her I'm also creative and willing to experiment?
A pair of googley eyes and a moustache would do wonders

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
compudog

compudog

Awards
I suck at picking up dates, always have, but I'm observant and I've noticed that some people have absolutely 0 difficulty chatting up *everyone*. I'm guessing you're not that guy, or you wouldn't be asking for advice. If you *are* that guy, I apologise, carry on. Regarding picking up girls, it's very entertaining to read the advice offered here, but here's my 2 bits, which doesn't seem to have been covered yet. In my experience, guys do not choose girls, girls choose guys. It's pretty obvious to girls who's interested in them. For guys it seems to be not so clear. Which actually simplifies things for men, since you can take it as given that if you're interested in a woman, she already knows. So that means all you have to do is wait for her to hit on you. If she's interested she will, if she's not interested, no amount of bothering on your behalf will change that. If you think you're hitting on her and she responds, you've been tricked. Which is OK too.

FitnessLuke

Awards
Girls point of view:

Hot or not, don't hit on us at the gym. We don't like to be bothered just as much as guys. We're not snooty (most of us), but we just want to get in and get out. Smile at us, make eye contact; flirt using those two things for a few days, even weeks before approaching us.

I did this for a long time with a guy at my old gym. It was like oooooh, look who's training today! We just kinda made eye contact from afar. It's exciting, especially watching him minding his own business and training hard.
Okay so how do you take it from eye contact for a few weeks to actually pulling a number to make something happen. I completely understand not wanting to bother girls or creep, bc I get into my workouts too and don't like ppl talking to me.

FitnessLuke

Awards
I suck at picking up dates, always have, but I'm observant and I've noticed that some people have absolutely 0 difficulty chatting up *everyone*. I'm guessing you're not that guy, or you wouldn't be asking for advice. If you *are* that guy, I apologise, carry on. Regarding picking up girls, it's very entertaining to read the advice offered here, but here's my 2 bits, which doesn't seem to have been covered yet. In my experience, guys do not choose girls, girls choose guys. It's pretty obvious to girls who's interested in them. For guys it seems to be not so clear. Which actually simplifies things for men, since you can take it as given that if you're interested in a woman, she already knows. So that means all you have to do is wait for her to hit on you. If she's interested she will, if she's not interested, no amount of bothering on your behalf will change that. If you think you're hitting on her and she responds, you've been tricked. Which is OK too.
Okay I've had a few girls actually come up and hit on me, but non of the girls I actually would want to date. I feel like the girls I want are 8+ and you have to make the first move for that to work. It's also weird at my two previous gyms I knew everyone said hi to everyone even older women, but at this college gym idk it's different

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
In my experience, guys do not choose girls, girls choose guys. It's pretty obvious to girls who's interested in them. For guys it seems to be not so clear. .
This makes absolutely no sense to me.. Sorry, but more often than not I pick one out from the crop and go for it. This goes back to what I said about the difference between an alpha male and someone who is not. You either sit on the side lines hoping for a chance or you go make it happen! Are you a sheep or wolf?

compudog

compudog

Awards
This makes absolutely no sense to me.. Sorry, but more often than not I pick one out from the crop and go for it. This goes back to what I said about the difference between an alpha male and someone who is not. You either sit on the side lines hoping for a chance or you go make it happen! Are you a sheep or wolf?
I'm observant. Been married twice and have a bunch of kids. You?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think he meant this more in the sense of girls say no to more guys then guys to girls. I think the majority of us can agree it's far mor common for a guy to approach a girl, but the choice of where to take things usually resides with the girl.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
Your first sentence was I suck at picking up dates. Your advice has no credibility. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a gym rat girlfriend.

compudog

compudog

Awards
Okay I've had a few girls actually come up and hit on me, but non of the girls I actually would want to date. I feel like the girls I want are 8+ and you have to make the first move for that to work. It's also weird at my two previous gyms I knew everyone said hi to everyone even older women, but at this college gym idk it's different
8+ is beyond my game. If you're making the first move, awesome!

compudog

compudog

Awards
Your first sentence was I suck at picking up dates. Your advice has no credibility. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a gym rat girlfriend.
Last time I checked, every dude who gets married, marries his girlfriend. YMMV.

compudog

compudog

Awards
I think he meant this more in the sense of girls say no to more guys then guys to girls. I think the majority of us can agree it's far mor common for a guy to approach a girl, but the choice of where to take things usually resides with the girl.
Exactly. I'm pretty confident in that, even have 'scientific' reference, if anyone cares... There's a book called, "The Woman Racket", by Steve Moxon. I actually know that guy, I talked to him about a bunch of stuff and I think he's right. Which is about as scientific as I care to get about this sort of thing. Cheers.

ArmstrongBrah

ArmstrongBrah

Awards
I don't need a book to pick up chicks. This is where we differentiate bud. Good talk though!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
it's always at least a mistress. Never completely gone ;)
Remember when you were 14 and seeing anyone female would turn you on lol.

Now we need quality stimulation ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's always at least a mistress. Never completely gone ;)
Sooooo true! I still don't know why some girls consider it cheating.

Me: Hey, can we watch p*rn and copy them?! :D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sooooo true! I still don't know why some girls consider it cheating. Me: Hey, can we watch p*rn and copy them?! :D
Really?...
Lol

Even sex toys aren't, cheating is pretty strait forward, having sex with another person, lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Remember when you were 14 and seeing anyone female would turn you on lol. Now we need quality stimulation ;)
we've seen and done too many things...

Sooooo true! I still don't know why some girls consider it cheating. Me: Hey, can we watch p*rn and copy them?! :D
haha this is how it should be. My gf watches way more porn then I do. I love when a girl comes with exotic ideas to try ;) what's the point if it's not fun?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really?... Lol Even sex toys aren't, cheating is pretty strait forward, having sex with another person, lol.

Yes!!!! I use to be on an all female forum, and they were always complaining about how their bfs don't love them because they're always watching p*rn. P*rn is cheating, degrading, makes them feel horrible, trash, blah, blah, blah.

My response: Why don't you watch it and learn a few things...