Time Under Tension Data vs Hype

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, don't have time to watch. What is the consensus?

A

amarula

Awards
but I would say that it doesn't matter generally speaking. Look at the 5x5. How many seconds of TUT? Despite that it's one of the most effective training protocols..

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, in the end I don't care about the outcome because it wouldn't change anything. I just am always interested in his opinion. I'll check it out later.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
but I would say that it doesn't matter generally speaking. Look at the 5x5. How many seconds of TUT? Despite that it's one of the most effective training protocols..
While it may be great as a beginner routine where muscle comes very quick and easy to "New Lifters" as you age and get more experience under the bar any tip or trick can be utilized.
Slower neagtivees
intensity techniques
rep schemes
set schemes
Volume
Frequency

all of these are factors towards TUT and rep tempo's
Remember the muscle is under most tension in the eccentric (lowering) of the weight. Hence why Dante had such success with DC and rest pause sets with forced negativese thrown in there

Hany Ramrod with FST-7 and his technique of adding more TUT to certain lifts.
Sheiko + Smolov and their higher volume/freqneucy which creates more TUT to provide more stimulation for muscle growth.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always find that doing a lighter weight with 3/4 reps, no rest on the full extension, I feel an intense burn and stimulation, often stressing my body and cns tremendously more than standard heavy reps.Sometimes less is more I am doing 5x5 now and love it, but the solution has a great point

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
again Layne coming in strong, i recommend you sub to his channel he always puts out very interesting topics.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
While it may be great as a beginner routine where muscle comes very quick and easy to "New Lifters" as you age and get more experience under the bar any tip or trick can be utilized.
Slower neagtivees
intensity techniques
rep schemes
set schemes
Volume
Frequency

all of these are factors towards TUT and rep tempo's
Remember the muscle is under most tension in the eccentric (lowering) of the weight. Hence why Dante had such success with DC and rest pause sets with forced negativese thrown in there

Hany Ramrod with FST-7 and his technique of adding more TUT to certain lifts.
Sheiko + Smolov and their higher volume/freqneucy which creates more TUT to provide more stimulation for muscle growth.
Tension and volume are certainly a huge component of hypertrophy, training to failure/metabolite buildup is the other part

Remember its not just "Time under Tension" its also the degree of "Tension" itself.

You can easily create more TUT with lighter weights, but the tension is not enough to stimulate as much growth as less TUT but greater % RM.

There is a certain threshold of % RM that has to be met depending on the experience of the trainee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Training Forum 5
A Training Forum 2
Webdango Training Forum 9
Ectofighter Training Forum 1
celc5 Training Forum 12