New to Forum

Crate88

Awards
Good afternoon all. I am not sure if i am posting this in the correct place.. Sorry in advance if it is not...

I am 38 y/o, 6 foot 3 and 258. About 4 years ago i had back surgery and have gone downhill since then.
Before my back surgery i was a commercial diver and weight around 217. Trying to get back down to that weight, but
having a difficult time with diet. I have started back on cardio and weights.

Have a question that i hope someone can help me with..
Let me first start off saying that i can't stand vegetables!!!!!
Its not the taste it is a texture deal..I do drink alot of V8 to make up for missing veg.

My question is does anyone know of a diet where i can drop back down to my old weight..
I have tried the low-cal, low-carb (that didn't last very long since all i eat is meat, potatoes, and bread)
Have gone to the weight loss doctor and he give me some ideas such as eggs. He said i could eat as many eggs
as i wanted, but when i took my diet log back to him he said eating 10 eggs per sitting was a bit excessive. 4 or 5 eggs is just enough to
make me mad....

Any ideas?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
First, I would like to welcome you to AM. This is definitely the place to get the advice you desire. There are lots of cool and helpful people here. Second, my thoughts on your question has to do with your calories and macros. Primarily the calories to start. You need to figure out if what amount of calories you need to maintain your current body weight and what amount of calories you need to decrease your body weight. I think it's all about the optimal calorie deficit range for you to decrease your body weight. There are people here who can better explain all this and even help you with macro suggestions. Glad to have you and good luck on your training/dieting goals

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Any suggestions for this guy? I tried, but I don't have near the knowledge many of you have
Edit: wasme RegisterJr tyga tyga

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Bump for better some advice:)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
More protein.
Supplement with fibre.
Maybe try out an appetite suppressant.

If only the texture is an issue can you do a smoothie? Combined with fruits.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can pick up some Orange Triad+Greens powder as a multivitamin and greens supplement to help alongside your new diet. We will also have a Reds (fruit) powder as well.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As Driven mentioned, get your protein up.

The quickest way to lose some weight is to lower your carbs - and stick with whole grains (with the bread). Perhaps you can find one meal that you can eliminate them.

The problem with your 'lots of V8' is the sodium. Learn to like them, if you need to go with a greens supplement.

Keep up the cardio and weights. It is a slow process, but will work.

If you are interested in trying a 'fat burner'... MARK_ is actually running a log for PX White ...and having great results. If stims are a problem for you check out PX Black

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ahhhh, veggies. My advice is to try more of them. Honestly, I have a reputation among people for hating veggies - but when it comes down to it, it turns out I like many more than I thought for a large portion of my life. Part of the problem was poor cooking - overcooking things like beans or broccoli can make them really nasty. I can eat broccoli, raw spinach, kale, etc. I still can't do tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, etc. Carrots are OK, but I avoid them if I can. Keep trying different veggies, and if you don't like them, move onto something else. Focus on the benefit of veggies that they can fill you up with very few calories. You can eat a huge bagful of them and be under 200 calories. It is a benefit if you are restricting calories.

Next, get a small notebook or put MyFitnessPal on your cell phone. You really need to start tracking your food intake. Weight it and log it. Once you start to learn how much is in a serving, what a serving looks like, etc. - you will be able to make your own choices about what foods to eat if you want to lose weight.

As fancy as everyone wants to make this (low carb, low fat, CKD, etc) - the bottom line is that calories in/calories out is the biggest factor and the other issues are just fine tuning. You will lose weight on 600 calories worth of pop tarts every day - it just won't be healthy.

And, you need to decide for yourself if you really want to lose weight. It sounds like you will have to make some changes in your life if you want to get the weight off - is it worth it? Is it worth cutting back to 5 eggs instead of 10 for the next 6 months (and the rest of your life) to get to where you claim you want to be? Do you really want to give up what you're doing to get to where you think you want to be?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All I want to add to these already great pieces of advice is diet is the biggest factor in all of this. No training or supp will make up for the diet. Good luck bro and welcome!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try starting off with colorful veggies and mix them in foods. Like peppers in omelets or chicken stir fry with various peppers. Can't go wrong with bacon wrapped asparagus either ;)

Ease your way into veggies. Don't just jump head first if you really hate them. Find ones you tolerate and stick with them until you learn to tolerate more different ones. Also experiment with different ways to eat the veggies. I find cooking them with other food helps the most

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brussel Sprouts are my go-to

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brussel Sprouts are my go-to
Those are a favorite of mine to. I typically just slice them and pan fry in some EVOO and salt.

If I'm feeling fancy I shred them and make them with red cabbage and fry together to make a slaw of some sort. It's a pretty tasty side for a nice steak and a glass of cab

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Stir fry is a staple of mine when im on a vege craze! Taste amazing and you can pile the veges on!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 19
Beau General Chat 29
Anabolics 3
Dirty Dan General Chat 14
Cycle Logs 2