Get big calves or die raising

R

roiddistro

Banned
Awards
I shall list number of methods I use on my stubborn calves , being mixed race (black and white )does not afford me optimal genetics for calve development especially will my short calve muscles and long achillis tendon that absorb a lot of mechanical energy in the form of elastic energy within the tendon ,

Methods I use
1:slower time under tension on negative and positive 5 seconds each way

2.squeese a form roller between shin bone/tib and fib to force ankle into right position for optimal contraction

3:Stability ball calve raise this exercise provides great eccentric overload due to the extended range of motion ,can be performed with one leg or both legs ,with dumbells or a barbell
2015-02-15-17-42-53-1016718051.png

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I feels you, I'm mixed. Still calf development is coming together.

My technique is work them hard twice a week, sometimes try working then every day for a shock. Heavy weight and high reps, drop sets.

R

roiddistro

Banned
Awards
When you have your ankles relaxed and contract your calves do your ankles kinda supernate? ,I work calves once a week because it takes me 7 days to recover unless I do a light day then a all out day to failure ,what you think ?

matt21irby21

matt21irby21

Awards
I've only had people tell me my calves were big two times in my life. I know it was only two cause my calves have always been small lol. I did sitting calve raises 6 sets with weight I could pump, yes pump, not full execution for a good 15-30 reps. Then I went to the smith machine and did calve raises heavy. 6 sets of weight I could hit full extension. This was 8-15 reps. I only did that ish twice a week, or every 3 days and my calves got big from what everyone tells me anyways. lol

W

whitelie

Awards
I do a two step raise. Fully down, up to a flat foot position, pause momentarily then fully up and hold the stretch then a slow decline.

Saw it in a Jay Cutler vid and tried it out. My calves get doms everytime, first time they were sore for a week and I've tried everything on them. Heavy, light, low reps, huge reps, failure, pump, single leg, both legs, etc they never really got sore until I started that technique and don't need to do huge reps. Works standing or sitting.